Medicals Completed: 08 Dec 2008

Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:25 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals Completed: 08 Dec 2008

Originally Posted by jackiewalters
Thanks peeps, one child 11. the other 10 looks like the rest would go on us. dam it, now I am really worried huge exspense
Try not to stress about it...the price from place to place can be so different. We got ours done in Dublin for half of what it cost in Northern Ireland...so it was worth the hour and half drive All done for around £500, two adults and two kids, then 14 and 12
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:27 pm
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all

Thanks flirty nickers I keep my fingers crossed gotta keep going now otherwise we lose all our money we have spent so far and our dreams

Happy New year to all by the way
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:30 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks flirty nickers I keep my fingers crossed gotta keep going now otherwise we lose all our money we have spent so far and our dreams

Happy New year to all by the way
Happy new year too hun, and good luck with the medicals.

And never give up your dream no matter how long it takes
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:34 pm
Asia blue girl!!

jackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to alljackiewalters is a name known to all

bless you mwwwahhh
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold

OMG!! we got to pay for 3 adults and 4 children!! hope we dont fall down at that hurdle!! we live in shropshire!! hopefully not as exspensive as london
I phoned loads of places on the list. The cheapest was actually the one in Croyden. It would have been £140 less than what we paid in Newcastle, so with the size of your mob it will probably save you a good £300 or more. The majority of the others were all within £10 of each other.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wearsider
I phoned loads of places on the list. The cheapest was actually the one in Croyden. It would have been £140 less than what we paid in Newcastle, so with the size of your mob it will probably save you a good £300 or more. The majority of the others were all within £10 of each other.
Would highly recommend Croydon. They were very good. And can do a Saturday appointment. And hospital for x-ray has good parking and clinic is not too far away to walk.

See the link here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573582

Also attached to my final post in that thread are the questions that doc goes through...

All the best,

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Jan 7th 2009 at 2:20 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Hamish.UK is an unknown quantity at this point

We did our medicals on the 25th June 2008 and got our PPR on the 21st December 2008. We went through the BC PNP.

Became Permanent Residents when we "landed" last night.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:23 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by Hamish.UK
We did our medicals on the 25th June 2008 and got our PPR on the 21st December 2008. We went through the BC PNP.

Congratulations Hamish....it's a great feeling isn't it

Good luck with your new life in Canada
Old Jan 8th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hamish.UK

Best of luck for your new life in Canada Hamish!

Michelle
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:45 pm
Asia blue girl!!

Default Re: Why are we not entitled to our Pensions if we are leaving the country?

I just wanted ask anyone out there if they know of any way around us cancelling our pensions and gaining access to the money. We dont plan to grow old in UK so why leave it behind when we can put it to good use in Canada?!!

Please advise, is there a way round it?
Old Jan 9th 2009, 6:52 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are we not entitled to our Pensions if we are leaving the country?

I just wanted ask anyone out there if they know of any way around us cancelling our pensions and gaining access to the money. We dont plan to grow old in UK so why leave it behind when we can put it to good use in Canada?!!

Please advise, is there a way round it?
Hi

Try a search on pensions, I know I have seen lots of threads on here about the subject.

Sorry, I dont know anything about it

Good luck
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future

jwsadler

The practice in Croydon - whats the name of the doctor you saw ?

be good to get the same one if theyre ok

thanks
Old Jan 9th 2009, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 2008orbust
jwsadler

The practice in Croydon - whats the name of the doctor you saw ?

be good to get the same one if theyre ok

thanks
Sorry,

Can't remember the docs name. Will have a look at home tonight and PM you if I can find it.

It was an older female dr.

Regards,

James.