Medical request wait.....

Old Apr 12th 2011, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

bron111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical request wait.....

Hi - hope you don't mind me contributing. We put our application in in June 2010 and got request for medicals end Nov 2010 - completed and sent to Canada Jan 2011. Not offically heard that they were ok. Now they want my son's daughter processed as he had parential responsibility and needs medical done (took them 4 months to ask for this as i asked that question in Nov when they requested more info). We are hoping we will receive some feedback regarding our meds by end of April. Regarding following application on line doesn't work for us and the email that the canadaian embassay had been using has stopped working for some reason!! fingers crossed we all get movement soon. Bron
Old Apr 12th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tron08028
Congrats Izzi, Ducks and Engineer - Another hurdle and one step closer,

These med requests are like buses nothing then all at once!

I got this email from my immigration lawyer on 28/10/10 sent from the High Comission:

'We received your application for permanent residence on October 26, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on January 4, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on January 13, 2010. The London England office may contact you.'

Does this mean it went 'in process' on Oct 26th 2010 or Jan 13th 2011?

Abit worrying after reading some of the timelines on this thread - med requests were received after 6 - 8 months. So even if my application went 'in process' on Jan 13 2010 - thats still 15 months waiting just for the medical request. I also keep having the same problems as some of you are aswell - trying to trace my file progress online.
We went into process in August 2010 and this is what our status says.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 25, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on February 4, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on February 10, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on August 12, 2010.

Im not sure you have gone into process yet
Have you logged onto ecas yet?
What does your ecas status say in the first page...'recieved by visa office' or 'in process'???
Have you had your AOR letter...if so when did you get it? January/february time.
What stream are you applying under FSW?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:43 am
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I am happy (and relieved) to say that we are now landed, as of this morning! Hoopla!!

We had our meds done at the end of October - the medical dept raised an issue in mid-Nov, but we didn't get notification of that until the beginning of Dec. I had to go and get a follow-up exam in mid-Jan, which then led to another wait of about 5-6 weeks. It has seemed like the whole thing took an absolute age but, in retrospect, it wasn't actually as long as it felt! Keep hanging in there Izzi - there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to all who are still waiting
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamafish
Well, I am happy (and relieved) to say that we are now landed, as of this morning! Hoopla!!

We had our meds done at the end of October - the medical dept raised an issue in mid-Nov, but we didn't get notification of that until the beginning of Dec. I had to go and get a follow-up exam in mid-Jan, which then led to another wait of about 5-6 weeks. It has seemed like the whole thing took an absolute age but, in retrospect, it wasn't actually as long as it felt! Keep hanging in there Izzi - there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to all who are still waiting
that is great news..well done. Enjoy your new life.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations iamafish It must be a great feeling! I see you're in the Annapolis Valley, whereabouts? We're looking to go to Kings county somewhere...
Old Apr 13th 2011, 9:04 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamafish

Congrats and best wishes for your new life in Canada!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:52 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

We have noticed something a bit strange. We put in our fed forms on the 3rd Nov and settled down for the wait. We arrived in NS as visitors on the 12th March and got an 8 month visitor visa. It was a bit hairy as we also had goods to follow but they were happy to let us in and even advised that we should look for work, given our NS Nomination. We then updated CIC with our change of address.

I got a job offer 3 weeks later and applied for a letter from Halifax immigration for permission for a TWP.

We did chase the med requests on the 3rd April and 3 days later, same day as our letter giving permission for the TWP was issued, I received an email from CIC saying med requests were being issued, please confirm your current address.

I am aware that we have received this notification before others on the PNP route timewise and am starting to think its because they know we are here.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Ducks will become famous soon enoughDucks will become famous soon enough

I think you might be on to something Howefamily because we seem to have jumped up the queue too and we are also here already. I hadn't thought of that. Although we do know someone who is here in the same position and sent their papers in in July and have heard nothing. Mysterious!

We had our medicals in Halifax yesterday. All seemed to go pretty well. The dr seems to think we won't have too long a wait now but I'll believe that when I see it!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

People coming to the valley - yay !! Where are you thinking of settling, Iamafish and Izzi - we are in beautiful Bridgetown !!

Please, please, please let this mean my mum will at last get her midical paperwork - she was told by email to expect it "shortly" around 2 months ago, then a follow up email a month ago or so said they hadn't sent it yet, to expect it "shortly" - AAAGH !!!!!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:08 pm
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi rach_woz99! We are in Clementsport, just a short hop down the 101 from you We have actually had our place here for 5 years, but moved here permanently in November last year, in anticipation of getting PR status by the New Year. Ah, the best laid plans eh...?
Old Apr 13th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

We're not sure exactly where we want to settle yet... we'd like to be near Wolfville I think, quite like the idea of a house up on the Look Off somewhere! We don't want to be too far from Halifax in case work ends up being there, so we can't be too far down the Valley (though it was lovely when we visited )
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

tron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to alltron08028 is a name known to all
Post Re: Medical request wait.....

Hi LinseyPinsey,

Thank you for your reply. I have just signed up with ecas and the status on the front page says 'In process,' you really scared me for a moment there!!

I am applying under the Permanent Resident stream (originally applied under the FSW stream), and have emailed my immigration lawyer to find out exactly when I went 'In process' and when they received my AOR letter...

Just got an email back "Your application was submitted to the Canadian High Commission on February 19, 2010 and the receipt for your application was received on March 3, 2010."

Good to see some success stories on this thread, it is gives hope to the rest of us

Last edited by tron08028; Apr 13th 2011 at 7:44 pm. Reason: update
Old Apr 18th 2011, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

ryan-chris is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all,

Can look like quite silly queries but am totally ignorant to this much!

How do you guys track the quebec application online? I have my file number but I dont even have a clue of the progress status. Its been like 3 months my file is opened!

What is the email add to use to contact the CIC paris?

Any idea on the processing time for CSQ? am being restless coz its been 6 months my application has been received by the CIC

thanks

Ryan