Medical request wait.....

Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:04 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical request wait.....

Originally Posted by iamafish
Hi all - just to let you know that the passports have arrived!! Well, in the UK not here, but they should be with us by the end of the week, with a bit of luck! So a big whoopdie doo, and beers all round!!! Now all we have to do is leave and come back again....
You can activate them at the Office in Halifax - you just call and make an appointment - ooh and CONGRATS!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations

I am very envious... we still have no sign of medical requests despite being told they *will* be coming our way. We were told that on 25 Feb. I'm close to sending another case-specific email....
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

When we got that info we were given a new file number (remember we disappeared from the system before?) Well I just looked back on this thread and I posted in November that it said we went 'in process' on Aug 26th. When I check today, it says we went 'in process' on Feb 9th - which is when in the most recent email they said someone has looked at our application.

Don't like that very much!! Where did the other 6 months of 'in process' go then?

I'm beginning to think this will never end... do you think my work would mind if I stopped coming in and just lived under my duvet until a letter comes through the door?
Old Mar 15th 2011, 4:50 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izzi81
When we got that info we were given a new file number (remember we disappeared from the system before?) Well I just looked back on this thread and I posted in November that it said we went 'in process' on Aug 26th. When I check today, it says we went 'in process' on Feb 9th - which is when in the most recent email they said someone has looked at our application.

Don't like that very much!! Where did the other 6 months of 'in process' go then?

I'm beginning to think this will never end... do you think my work would mind if I stopped coming in and just lived under my duvet until a letter comes through the door?
February sounds like the correct month to follow - as with PNP apps it usually follows the 6 months from the date they receive your bundle, is when they put it into process and issue med requests.

Fingers crossed they turn up soon!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I really hope so... things have felt a bit bogged down lately - and not just in terms of our application! - so an envelope through the door would greatly improve things
Old Mar 15th 2011, 8:12 am
No longer waiting :-)

iamafish is an unknown quantity at this point

Izzi - I know how terrible the waiting can be. We moved over here in November, thinking that everything would be done and dusted by the new year....

Mind you, having read this article, I now have a lot more sympathy for the immigration application processors:

http://www.emigrate2.co.uk/Emigrate_Now_7.htm

According to this article "Preliminary figures show 280,636 permanent residents were welcomed into the Land of the Maple Leaf in 2010". That's a heck of a lot of paperwork to plough through, especially when you think how many unsuccessful applicants they have to process on top of that...
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:03 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The key problem is that visa offices are only resourced to meet their target even though they get a lot more applications than needed and must process them all.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:22 am
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Congratulations

I am very envious... we still have no sign of medical requests despite being told they *will* be coming our way. We were told that on 25 Feb. I'm close to sending another case-specific email....
Hi Izzi,

My thoughts are with you. I remember feeling really low when it was near to the 6 month mark - I think it's because previous PNP applications had much quicker timelines; your expectation levels are so high at around this time which makes it doubly disappointing when nothing happens.

It will happen soon and you will be on the rollercoaster ride of immigration again

I would send them another email considering you have been told med requests are on their way, they may have gone missing. Mine were sent to our previous address even though I had told them of our change of address! If I didn't have a redirection in place I wouldn't have received them
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

OK, I couldn't handle the waiting any more and have just sent off another email. As you can guess... still no med requests have appeared I don't get how they can say they *will* be posted, and yet take over a month to post them!

will it never end.....
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:33 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Izzi, I'm so sorry you haven't had the med requests through yet, you must be bouncing off the walls with frustration. I actually thought it was good news when I received an e-mail saying that you'd made a new response to this thread Hoping that either you get med requests or CIC reply to your follow-up e-mail quickly
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

sorry to get your hopes up! I have really been through the wringer with this, and other stuff that is going on at the moment... the idea that there is a bit of paper somewhere waiting to be posted and they've just not got round to it is tortuous! Someone on another thread said the system was dire just to prepare you for emigration - nothing can be as bad as this - and I'm beginning to think they're right! If you can survive the process you can survive anything lol
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Don't get excited!!

I've not got a letter yet.

However, I have had a reply from CIC London. Which is woohooooo in itself
And it says they'll be posting a letter next week! Maybe we'll get that envelope next week too!!

This is the weirdest process I've ever been in...
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:39 am
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Yay! I'm so glad you got a reply! At least you know to expect something soon. Glad they got back to you so quickly.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Obviously the whole process is frustrating but I have to say they have been quite good to us when it comes to providing info via email. They didn't have to send that email, they could have left us waiting for another week or 2, so I'm actually feeling quite benevolent towards them right now which is very odd lol!

Have you had a reply yet?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:13 am
Done!

Obviously the whole process is frustrating but I have to say they have been quite good to us when it comes to providing info via email. They didn't have to send that email, they could have left us waiting for another week or 2, so I'm actually feeling quite benevolent towards them right now which is very odd lol!

Have you had a reply yet?
Nope and it's been 2 weeks AmyDavid suggested I use another address though instead of their web case sepcific enquiry form. I fired off another e-mail yesterday using this new address. they reply soon. I reckon they probably haven't even looked at our application yet if they haven't replied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.