Medical Question

Old May 25th 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Glennisbest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Question

Hi everyone,

I am wondering how soon after receiving the VISA application does the high commission request additional medical information?

We have received notice from London that they have received our Outland sponsorship application as approved, on ECAS it also says the medical has been received.

I have a benign heart murmur which has been previously diagnosed as such about 7 years ago. I have never had any issue with it and I am a bit of an exercise junkie.

The doctor in the medical exam gave me the option of either getting another echocardiogram done to be up to date, or the option of waiting to see what the medical officer at the high commission decides. I chose to see what the medical officer decided.

Has anyone else had a request for additional medical testing? If so, how soon after receiving the application at the high commission did they ask for it?
Old May 25th 2011, 11:58 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medical Question

When we did medicals for SWV, my wife's heart murmur was discussed with the doctor. We provided all the echocardiograms from her NHS file (i think newest was 2 years old but they all showed no change over 10+ years) and it was sent with the medical examinatin results. We had a re-medical letter 4 weeks later asking us to get a new examination. We did it at a private hospital, it took another 4 weeks before we got request for passports.
Old May 25th 2011, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Glennisbest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Question

Originally Posted by JB0591
When we did medicals for SWV, my wife's heart murmur was discussed with the doctor. We provided all the echocardiograms from her NHS file (i think newest was 2 years old but they all showed no change over 10+ years) and it was sent with the medical examinatin results. We had a re-medical letter 4 weeks later asking us to get a new examination. We did it at a private hospital, it took another 4 weeks before we got request for passports.
Many thanks for the reply. It is encouraging that once they had the test results, the process was very quick.

A couple of other questions, did you apply first and then get the medical after being requested to do so, or did you do the medical prior to applying? Just helps me build up the timeline of when your application was recieved by CHC to when they asked for the re-medical.

Any idea/recollection of how much it cost you to get the echocardiograph done privately? I'm considering getting it done and then sending it over anyway, just to speed things up.

I have read on another related thread where they have asked for a repeated test, like your wife's situation. In that case (and i'm assuming in your wife's) the sign was being monitored over a number of years by a Cardiologist.

I'm hoping that in my case things are different, as my heart murmur has only ever been investigated once and the matter was put to rest at that investigation. It has not been monitored over the years, but who knows? I know I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone else have a similar situation?

Last edited by Glennisbest; May 25th 2011 at 1:17 pm.