Medical Exam

Old Oct 13th 2001, 9:05 am
Shimon

Hi Every couple of months, I take a vacation in my favorite city, Amsterdam. As you
probably know smoking marijuana is legal there. I have been told that this staff
stays a long time in your urine/blood. What will be my situation if the doctor
(medical exam) sees that? Do they even test for this staff? Thanks

Old Oct 13th 2001, 1:25 pm
The Wizzard

>
    >
    >
    >

i thin a rough estiamte is the THC stays in your blood for around 3 months. Probably
it would show up in a blood test, but i don't think you can fail a medical for that
reason as they are checking for illness not substance abuse. I have heard of people
having problems in their jobs though, where the company does a random drugs test,
finds positive test for cannabis use, and that syour contract breached, cos it doesnt
matter if its legal in amsterdam, but if your native land prohibits it they can still
act. not criminaly though cos i believe the charge of possesion is going a bit far if
you are possesing residual drugs traces in yoru blood. so unless you get prosecuted
and convicted which would affect your criminal part of visa application i dont
personaly think that you'd be excluded. a helpful doctor could make a note of it
maybe and affect any bias at in interview, but you wouldnt know seen as youd ont get
to keep the medicals so you wont know whats on them. ooh consiracy theory. i wouldnt
worry about it, and if you are, stop smoking cannabis before medical examinations.

Drew

--
Posted from host213-122-189-230.btinternet.com [213.122.189.230] via Mailgate.ORG
Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG