Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 1st 2012, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Thanks so much lovely_clouds, I really hope we hear something in a shortish time also but Im told that this is the longest part so just trying to work and not think too much as the moment.

I dont think there is any other way to hear other than by mail about PNP application. I e mailed when I had not heard for a few weeks and they said the application was being processed and would hear through the mail. I think it takes about 8 weeks if I remember correctly - im assuming that you uploaded your application online following your exploratory visit? Should not be too long and then the next part off to Nova Scotia. Hope you hear soon, good luck
Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:19 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hiya everyone,

Long time on the forum. Been busy n regular life while we await our PNP.

Congratulations to @New_start on PNP. Definitely going to be a new start very start in MB now.

@lazopaz must have started to settle in MB now. Wish her family good luck.

@dammy & @nostalgialava : guys April's approaching and you must be flying out to MB sometime soon. Good luck to both of you. Pl keep sharing your experiences when you guys r out there
NostalgiaLava - you never know How much's enuf. If you get job in first interview itself... You don't need anything else. To show during EV interview - I'll say the more the merrier or 4-6 interviews should do.

@violets @vettemaster - any update on your PR?

Hey Ilse

Nothing new here. No job confirmation yet. Still trying to work out more opportunities. Meanwhile, we completed Prince2 certification .. which is must for IT management job in Canada, & we r also enrolled for couple more certifications

We r gonna visit you in summer season..
Nothing as yet. Just playing the waiting game ; )
Old Apr 1st 2012, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all

Back to forum after long time. I was doing business travel. Interesting while flying from Africa to Germany I met a Winnipeg lady sitting next to me.

I am going to Winnipeg on 21st from Frankfurt. Anybody there during 21st April-1st May period. Please let me know.

Cheers
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

wow.. lots of action (and waiting)...
@ lovely_cloud: summer just sounds fine and yes, PNP does come via mail, haven't heard anything else.
@violets are blue: heard today from the first going through Sidney having received call for medicals from London. That seems very fast (as I couldn't remember, I asked when he got his transfer from Sidney to London).

I am at the moment kinda taken out by a flu, haven't had it that bad since years...hubby just started same thing...so everything has come to a halt here, or so it seems. Hope I put the worst behind me.

Ilse
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:56 am
Just Joined

Ingodwetrust is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
I just joined the forum but I've been following this thread for few weeks now. It just feels like I know many of u in person Thank u all for the precious information that you guys post here!
@ Manitobain! You've been great! Don't know what we can do without you, I hope u'll feel better soon
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 2:40 am
Just Joined

mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
I can't see why not...but you lost 2 months then..
Thanks for answering and get well soon.

Last edited by mtbiker; Apr 2nd 2012 at 2:43 am.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 3:41 am
Just Joined

Ingodwetrust is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Manitobain: I read here that Sshh12 is a full time student in the US and when u are in this situation the only thing that u can get is a part time job. I'm actually in the same situation. I remember you telling him that u'll let him know about his chances through the exploratory visit program but I think u did that via a PM as I couldn't find the answer later on. I sent a request for an exploratory visit on March 23 but I didn't even get an acknowledgement yet. Well my situation may be a little bit different as I'm married and my partner has been living here and working for almost 12 years now but I will be the principal applicant. The other thing that I may add is that the first time I came here was not as a graduate student it was a work visa instead and I worked for a whole year here but it was not full time as well. Do you think that I may have some chances to get the exploratory visit if i succeeded in proving that we will be both employable there?
Looking forward for an answer and thank u sooooooo much
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

@ lovely_cloud: summer just sounds fine and yes, PNP does come via mail, haven't heard anything else.
@violets are blue: heard today from the first going through Sidney having received call for medicals from London. That seems very fast (as I couldn't remember, I asked when he got his transfer from Sidney to London).

I am at the moment kinda taken out by a flu, haven't had it that bad since years...hubby just started same thing...so everything has come to a halt here, or so it seems. Hope I put the worst behind me.

Ilse
Your presence and guidance have been a great support to all of us. Get well soon and God Bless.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Ilse
get well soon
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ilse
Our Dear Manitobain: Get well soon.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Good luck Dammy
Thanks lovely_clouds. I will be entering Winnipeg later today (April 2) from Toronto flying with WestJet just as you did during your visit.

Cheers.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Ilse
Wow Ilse, thats an amazing timescale so fingers crossed it might come through within the time Im hoping for . Hope you two recover soon, Im sure everything will be up and running again soon
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

never_giveup is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I have been following this thread for couple of weeks and have got loads of information regarding the Strategic initiative process. I am considering to apply for the Strategic Initiative but before I would like to request some advice/suggestion. I am currently in California working as a Electical Engineer. i have been doing so for about 3 years and 7 months now. I am in a H-1B status and my spouse is in H-4. I have a BS in Electrical Engineering from a ABET certified state university.
Do you think I stand a chance ? Any feedback will be hightly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:28 pm
B.E.Enthusiast

vettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nicevettemaster is just really nice

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Wow Ilse, thats an amazing timescale so fingers crossed it might come through within the time Im hoping for . Hope you two recover soon, Im sure everything will be up and running again soon
What is the time scale you were hoping for?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vettemaster
What is the time scale you were hoping for?
Hi Vettemaster, I am hoping to have a medical call by June/July and to look to getting there by October, or before if possible however I realize this might be wishful thinking. Would really like to get there September (before winter) to be honest. I realise I could theoretically get work and go on a work permit, however I want to get the medicals out of the way here first and my daughter finish her finals at University. What about you, what timescale are you thinking of? Have you heard anything more yet?

Never_giveup, I would love to be able to answer your query however I dont understand your status or qualifications. Im sure Manitobain will be along soon with advice or someone else who could be of more help. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.