Mailing application (FSW)

Old Jul 6th 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold
Default Mailing application (FSW)

Hello,

I am ready to mail my application for Canadian immigration (NOC 0631). I was just wondering if anybody has any advice about the best way to mail it.

Basically, I am based in the States so I am wondering if it is better to mail through USPS or if Fedex is a better route. I am not sure if signatures will be provided by CIC if I use Fedex.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks,
Sofeena
Old Jul 6th 2011, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mailing application (FSW)

It will be signed for if you use Fedex.

HTH.

Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Sofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to beholdSofi is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, Christmasoompa.

Also, does anybody know if I have to send supporting doccuments with the initial application? I know previously there was a 120 day period. Is that not the case anymore??

Sofeena
Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sofi
Thanks, Christmasoompa.

Also, does anybody know if I have to send supporting doccuments with the initial application? I know previously there was a 120 day period. Is that not the case anymore??

Sofeena
You have to send everything in the first instance - presumably you've downloaded the form and guide etc from the CIC website? That tells you exactly what you need to send, but your application must include all of the supporting documents i.e. IELTS results, proof of funds, identity documents, educational certs, employment references, etc. That has been the case for over a year now, only those applications received prior to June 2010 had the 120 day email asking for docs.

And don't delay, as I'm sure you are aware there are now only 500 spaces per NOC code for this year, they've halved it, so they may fill quickly.

HTH, good luck.
Old Jul 6th 2011, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help