50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Lots of Questions as Usual

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

whyme is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Lots of Questions as Usual

Hello People,

This sure is a very informative site and I have learnt a lot from it. I too, like all of you, applied for my canadian immigration and I have some questions:

1. What is the average time that it is taking for the decision to be made when applied to the Buffalo office? I submitted my papers in August last year and I sent my finger prints and medical in July this year.
2. Should I send the money for the second phase? I didn't send it with the medical so wondering if I should have sent it or will they ask me for it.
3. How do I know if my medical was recieved by them?
4. If I get my immigration, then can I go for US Visa stamping in Canada? I'm on H4 and am hoping that once I get the immigration I can then find a job and get H1. Will I be able to go to Canada or do I have to go back to my native country?

Any information will be appreciated. I notice there Mr. Miller here is quite informed and is infact a lawyer so any light that he or any one else can shed on this wll be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Whyme!
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:30 pm
got visa

scrim20gb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lots of Questions as Usual

my advice is send rprf payment as soon as posibble. i waited until they asked me for it and it put my application back 4 weeks
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Lots of Questions as Usual

Thanks Scrim, I'll send it first thing tomorrow morning.
Also, I just figured out how to check my status on line and it reads
We started processing your application on August 23 2003.
There's nothing else. Is this normal? I read other people's posts and saw information about medical also showing up? Am I doing something wrong?

When did u submit your application Scrim?

Thanks again for responding pal !
Originally Posted by scrim20gb
my advice is send rprf payment as soon as posibble. i waited until they asked me for it and it put my application back 4 weeks
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 11:56 pm
got visa

what application have you submitted? skilled worker?
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

what application have you submitted? skilled worker?
Yes Please since I used to work before
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:29 am
got visa

dont trust ecas to much mine just changed to decision made today and i got my pp request 2 weeks ago so what does that tell you?
as for when i applied, i applied in july through spouse sponsorship. i was pretty lucky it only took 4 months, as for skilled worker after reading posts on this site it looks like the average time is around 12 months. just remember if you fit the criterea outlined on the cic websit you have nothing to worry about, just a case of biding your time. IT WILL COME
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I have done everything that was needed and I hope that IT WILL COME
Well I hope same is the case about my On Line Status because I will be very devastated if all this wait is in vain. I have postponed going home to visit for reason. Hopefully I'll be able to celebrate New Year in Nigeria with my family.

Thanks again buddy. Are you living in Canada now?

Regards,
Whyme
dont trust ecas to much mine just changed to decision made today and i got my pp request 2 weeks ago so what does that tell you?
as for when i applied, i applied in july through spouse sponsorship. i was pretty lucky it only took 4 months, as for skilled worker after reading posts on this site it looks like the average time is around 12 months. just remember if you fit the criterea outlined on the cic websit you have nothing to worry about, just a case of biding your time. IT WILL COME
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:37 am
got visa

no i am still in the uk at the moment. going to land in canada over xmas, have a 4 week holiday, then come bak to england. then may first we move over there for good
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Great hope you have a Merry X-mas there.
Also, do you know anyhting about the immigration question I had asked in my original post?
The one about stamping in Canada when doing a change of Visa?
Thanks again and good luck to you and your family
Happy Thanks Giving!
no i am still in the uk at the moment. going to land in canada over xmas, have a 4 week holiday, then come bak to england. then may first we move over there for good