Lost!

Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

mrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond reputemrs hortons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lost!

Hi, I am going to do my landing in 9 days in Ottawa (will be coming back to UK)and have no idea where to start with regards to trying to get a job sorted!! I have no real skills as such, apart from a Nursery Nurse qualification, which I am thinking of getting back into as I have been flying as a Purser for the last 10 yrs and want to get out of that. I have read the WIKI which is my bible, however I would like to know what others did in a similar situation (ie no real skills). I have been looking at agencies etc and they don`t ever get back to you unless something comes up, unlike here. Does anyone know of any nursery nurse agencies that are in the Ottawa area, or how to even find work (have alot of customer service experience)to start and feel like we will never get out there! Thanks
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lost!

Hi
as with most jobs in Canada you will probably have to take another qualification. Have a look here... http://www.aeceo.ca/access
The only other problem might be how long its been since you last worked in Early Years...if its been 10+ years the changes in the UK alone are enormous and you would need some retraining not to mention work experience to work in UK. Canada is slightly different with their Early Childhood education as they call it but you can easily research that on the Internet. I lecture in Early Years in the UK so you can PM me if you want any further advice and I'll try and help if I can
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lost!

Meant to add....had you considered childminding? As most ECE workers in Canada require a degree (UK is heading towards that now) childminders don't seem to. In UK they now require qualifications and are Ofsted inspected but I don't think they are in Canada....maybe just social services checked.....I'm sure someone on here will correct me if I'm wrong.