Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Looks like it could be the end of the road for us :(

Looks like it could be the end of the road for us :(

Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:12 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Looks like it could be the end of the road for us :(

We have applied for PR under NS PNP and were so pleased to be asked for extra info within less than 6 weeks of sending everything off. One of the things they asked was whether we'd be selling our house to fund our move, which we will be. We have plenty of equity but they were very unsure about our house selling within the timescale required for landing. They asked me what I would do in the event our house didn't sell and I told them we are continuing to save every month (we currently have a small amount put away for application fees, medicals etc and continue to add to this regularly) and that we're confident we'd be able to raise the funds in time if need be. Not a very convincing argument really but I was put on the spot a bit. I feel so rubbish right now. This has been our life for a good couple of years and we always say how our minds are already in Nova Scotia even if our bodies aren't. We will be devastated if we're rejected, which is looking likely
Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:33 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looks like it could be the end of the road for us :(

I sent you a message on fb, dont give up yet hun, there are other options if this one doesnt work out, but you are not there yet
Old Sep 4th 2010, 5:35 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I sent you a message on fb, dont give up yet hun, there are other options if this one doesnt work out, but you are not there yet
Thank you Hubby and I were talking about whether, if we do get rejected due to lack of funds, if we would be able to re-apply once we have the money saved up? I don;t see anything in the rule book that says you can;t should your circumstances change....
Old Sep 4th 2010, 6:40 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You can re-apply when you feel that your conditions are improved. It is not a problem.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone has their low days with being put through the mill to see whether they can live in Canada or not, but keep your head up! You've got Provincial Nomination, that makes everything faster normally, once you get the PR visas you are given a decent amount of time to sort out everything before you have to land, which is also when you can prove you have funds.
Hope it all works out for you! Don't give up!
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:23 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You can re-apply when you feel that your conditions are improved. It is not a problem.
Would you be able to tell me if this counts under the CIS too? We've applied under the CIS.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 8:59 pm
Done!

Thank you so much everyone for you words of support - I really needed to hear them
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:10 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I feel that it will be fine, I cant believe that it will be anything else.
Old Sep 4th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be fine too... they are just double checking and you were able to answer their questions. I know what the waiting for NS approval is like, it was much more tense than I expected, just hang in there
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:27 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I feel that it will be fine, I cant believe that it will be anything else.
Thank you
Old Sep 4th 2010, 10:28 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by izzi81
I think it will be fine too... they are just double checking and you were able to answer their questions. I know what the waiting for NS approval is like, it was much more tense than I expected, just hang in there
I could feel my voice trembling when I was talking, I was so nervous!
Old Sep 5th 2010, 3:53 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Now don't you start thinking like that - it WILL all work out because you deserve it xxx
Old Sep 5th 2010, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

vaughant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by engineer80
We have applied for PR under NS PNP and were so pleased to be asked for extra info within less than 6 weeks of sending everything off. One of the things they asked was whether we'd be selling our house to fund our move, which we will be. We have plenty of equity but they were very unsure about our house selling within the timescale required for landing. They asked me what I would do in the event our house didn't sell and I told them we are continuing to save every month (we currently have a small amount put away for application fees, medicals etc and continue to add to this regularly) and that we're confident we'd be able to raise the funds in time if need be. Not a very convincing argument really but I was put on the spot a bit. I feel so rubbish right now. This has been our life for a good couple of years and we always say how our minds are already in Nova Scotia even if our bodies aren't. We will be devastated if we're rejected, which is looking likely
Hmmm,bit odd their asking you that when they clearly want you out there, hence your application via PNP?Its more likely a standard question that they ask peeps who are in that position. I personally won`t be selling my UK home when we make our minds up as to what to do hence I`ll have to get the necessary funding together,which is always a bit of an issue with a family to support!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:20 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is easier said than done, but really try not to worry until they present you with something to worry about!

They just need to make sure they are being thorough in their questioning of you, making sure they understand your situation.

Hugs lovely lady xx