Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Looking to get a job and move to Canada

Looking to get a job and move to Canada

Old May 12th 2020, 4:15 am
Just Joined

Cibanga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to get a job and move to Canada

I am looking to get a job and move to Canada post COVID19.
my background is health and social care. I have worked with people with mental health, substance misuse, homelessness , learning disability etc before qualifying and presently working as a social Worker.
Any idea on how to go about it

Catherine

Last edited by Cibanga; May 12th 2020 at 4:16 am. Reason: Forgot adding my name
Old May 12th 2020, 8:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to get a job and move to Canada

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Do you mean how to get a job, or how to get a visa to allow you to move? Pop over to the Canada forums and you'll find lots of good info. If you need a job and sponsorship to get a visa, then check out the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand how to go about it in Canada.

And if you qualify for a visa without needing a job offer first (which is far preferable, as then you're instantly employable), you can ask any questions about that in the immi section of the forum.

HTH, good luck.
Old May 12th 2020, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

Do you mean how to get a job, or how to get a visa to allow you to move? Pop over to the Canada forums and you'll find lots of good info. If you need a job and sponsorship to get a visa, then check out the Job Hunting section of the Wiki to understand how to go about it in Canada.

And if you qualify for a visa without needing a job offer first (which is far preferable, as then you're instantly employable), you can ask any questions about that in the immi section of the forum.

HTH, good luck.

many thanks for the information, there is an organisation called CanadaCIS and they offer to support me through looking for a job in Canada and applying for visa. Just wondering if anyone knows how viable they are
Old May 12th 2020, 9:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cibanga
many thanks for the information, there is an organisation called CanadaCIS and they offer to support me through looking for a job in Canada and applying for visa. Just wondering if anyone knows how viable they are
They can't charge you anything for helping you to find work in Canada, that's illegal. They can help with the visa application if they are properly licensed consultants or immigration lawyers.

But there's no reason to use a consultant for most people, why do you think you need help? Most visa apps are fairly easy, unless you have complicated circumstances (i.e. a criminal record or medical issues), so you shouldn't need to pay anybody to do it for you.
Old May 12th 2020, 9:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Actually, I've just looked at their website and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Their information about visas is outdated/incorrect and they don't have any mention of their ICCRC number on their website.

If you really feel you need to use a consultant, then I'd go with another one that is properly licensed.
Old May 12th 2020, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Actually, I've just looked at their website and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. Their information about visas is outdated/incorrect and they don't have any mention of their ICCRC number on their website.

If you really feel you need to use a consultant, then I'd go with another one that is properly licensed.

This is is quite helpful, I must confess that I am not knowledgeable about visa application and finding a job. I have no criminal conviction or pending, currently working as a social worker.
is my inexperienced that makes me think of using a consultant. Think I need to research on this, though I wouldn’t mind a good and well licensed one. If you have an idea of a license one one. Happy am in this forum very informative
Many thanks
Catherine
They can't charge you anything for helping you to find work in Canada, that's illegal. They can help with the visa application if they are properly licensed consultants or immigration lawyers.

But there's no reason to use a consultant for most people, why do you think you need help? Most visa apps are fairly easy, unless you have complicated circumstances (i.e. a criminal record or medical issues), so you shouldn't need to pay anybody to do it for you.
Old May 12th 2020, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

You don't need experience, if you have uncomplicated circumstances then just do it yourself. First of all, you need to work out your visa route, start with the eligibility test on the CIC website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html

You'll need to answer as if you've had an English exam, I see that it isn't your native language so just guess at your level for now. Which country are you from and how old are you?