Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Lmia refused again! Looking to challenge exam.

Lmia refused again! Looking to challenge exam.

Old Jan 5th 2019, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

TDph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lmia refused again! Looking to challenge exam.

Hi all, unfortunately & frustratingly I had my Lmia refused for a second time. The reason is because of insufficient evidence of them looking for Canadians to fill the role.
I’ve already been approved to challenge the plumbing exam but before I went ahead & booked my exam & flights ect I just wanted to check weather I need any special study visa or anything?
Thanks in advance & I look forward to hearing from you guys.
Tim.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lmia refused again! Looking to challenge exam.

If anybody was to challenge the refusal I would think it should be the company looking to hire you and NOT you. It’s the company who made the application, NOT you.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 3:34 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
If anybody was to challenge the refusal I would think it should be the company looking to hire you and NOT you. It’s the company who made the application, NOT you.
Not sure anyone has challenged the decision have they? But I agree it is the company that applies for the LMIA not the individual.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 3:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Not sure anyone has challenged the decision have they? But I agree it is the company that applies for the LMIA not the individual.
Don't think OP is currently looking to challenge the refusal. He wants to take plumbing exam and wants to know if a special visa is needed.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 4:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
The OP is discussing challenging the exam to obtain their Provincial Certificate of Qualification for a Trade - nothing to do with the LMIA.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The OP is discussing challenging the exam to obtain their Provincial Certificate of Qualification for a Trade - nothing to do with the LMIA.
Hi everyone, Just clarify I want to challenge the plumbing exam so I can get enough points. Thanks for all the post so far. If anyone has any info about weather there’s anything I need to do before I book my exam & flights I’d really appreciate it. I’ve already been approved to sit the exam just need to book it & the flights.
Thanks again Tim
Old Jan 5th 2019, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

How long will you be staying in Canada for? If a UK citizen then no visa required but you will need the eTA. You would enter as a visitor meaning no work or study but you can sit the exam. You would be expected to leave at the end of your stay.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
How long will you be staying in Canada for? If a UK citizen then no visa required but you will need the eTA. You would enter as a visitor meaning no work or study but you can sit the exam. You would be expected to leave at the end of your stay.
Hi Former Lancastrian,
thanks for your reply. I’ll only be there a for a week. Literally to sit the exam. Should I apply for my eta 1st? Then book flights? I did one before a couple of years ago when we visited vancouver on holiday with no problems & nothing has changed.
Thanks again, Tim.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. An eTA is electronically linked to a traveller’s passport. It is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. If you get a new passport, you need to get a new eTA.

Check to see if yours is still valid by using this link

https://onlineservices-servicesenlig...nQuery?lang=en

If the link doesn't work go to this page and click on the Check your eTA status

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...anada/eta.html

If only here for a week I don't see any problems and if asked reason for coming to Canada then simply say to sit an exam.