LMIA Processing Time?!

Old Sep 14th 2014, 7:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA Processing Time?!

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I understand your point but it's very frustrating that my application has been sent back three times now to fill in an new application every time . Imagine if CIC did that part way through processing an app, yes there's your whole app back cause we changed one box on the form and we changed it after your app was received. No one would ever get PR. I just don't get what their doing if they ask for my transcripts and then a week later ask my employer to fill a new form, surely if they asking for transcripts they are processing the app and so to restart the process again just seems ridiculous . I just don't get how the EDSC system works. So my apologies if they get paid a pittance and are over worked that's not nice and I suppose I'm not having a dig them it's just the stupid policy out in place by the government and if they do get 200,000 plus apps a year if each app is treated the same as my employers app for me then they don't have a hope to get any of those apps done this year.
Absolutely fair enough, and I should have said that you're the one person who totally *should* be frustrated with the process! But you seem to complaining the least even though you've had one of the toughest times.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
So your employer already has an 'unnamed LMIA' in place and is just seeking to add your name to it? If so, that is odd.

If it's a 'pre-approval LMO' though (under the old system), then I'd understand why it's taken so much longer (in fact, I'd be surprised your employer hasn't been told to reapply under the new system).

So it will depend on whether it's a LMO/LMIA I'd guess.
It's an LMO under the old system. I've wondered that same thing too and so has my employer. Apparently that's not the case though according to the same ESDC staff who we have both been talking to. It's just taking them unusually long to do something that was supposed to take a relatively short amount of time. They haven't sent the application back asking for him to re-apply under the new system. If they wanted him to re-apply for an LMIA, I'm guessing they would have let him know this weeks ago.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 8:27 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely fair enough, and I should have said that you're the one person who totally *should* be frustrated with the process! But you seem to complaining the least even though you've had one of the toughest times.
I suppose after the debacle with my current LMO last year I should be use to it

I try not to complain too much but frustration is running high when I have a matter of weeks till my TWP runs out. But it's out of my hands so I just need to roll with the punches. I'm sure it will all come out in the wash
Old Sep 14th 2014, 8:31 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc_guy
It's an LMO under the old system. I've wondered that same thing too and so has my employer. Apparently that's not the case though according to the same ESDC staff who we have both been talking to. It's just taking them unusually long to do something that was supposed to take a relatively short amount of time. They haven't sent the application back asking for him to re-apply under the new system. If they wanted him to re-apply for an LMIA, I'm guessing they would have let him know this weeks ago.
I think they still work with coal fired printers, want me to post them a lump of coal

(You got laugh or this immigration malarkey would make you cry)
Old Sep 15th 2014, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond reputebc_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I think they still work with coal fired printers, want me to post them a lump of coal

(You got laugh or this immigration malarkey would make you cry)
I just called Service Canada again this morning and it seems like they just changed their system again, only this time for the better. I honestly don't know if I can trust what these ESDC officials say but as of the end of last week, the employer contact center now has authority to add names to LMOs directly online if they're overdue. Previously, only the processing centers were authorized to carry out name additions. I just sent my employer an email informing him of what I was just told by ESDC. I'm going to call him in a few hours to tell him this so that he can hopefully get it done today or tomorrow.

I hope that ESDC told me the truth this time.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

I just called Service Canada again this morning and it seems like they just changed their system again, only this time for the better. I honestly don't know if I can trust what these ESDC officials say but as of the end of last week, the employer contact center now has authority to add names to LMOs directly online if they're overdue. Previously, only the processing centers were authorized to carry out name additions. I just sent my employer an email informing him of what I was just told by ESDC. I'm going to call him in a few hours to tell him this so that he can hopefully get it done today or tomorrow.

I hope that ESDC told me the truth this time.
Yup, Service Canada is telling the truth. They can add names to LMOs over the phone as of September 11, 2014.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 3:42 am

Yup, Service Canada is telling the truth. They can add names to LMOs over the phone as of September 11, 2014.
Great news, hopefully you will be out here soon
Old Sep 16th 2014, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

So, would this mean I could call our prospective employer and ask if they could put our name on it? Does it cost them?

When I rang service canada, they told me only the employer can track the progress of the lmia...is this right?

Last edited by kate8kate0; Sep 16th 2014 at 12:18 pm. Reason: Spelling.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 12:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
So, would this mean I could call our prospective employer and ask if they could put our name on it? Does it cost them?

When I rang service canada, they told me only the employer can track the progress of the lmia...is this right?
You can if your employer has a pre-approved LMIA, yes.

And yes, only the employer can track it - ESDC won't usually speak to employees.

HTH.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

You can if your employer has a pre-approved LMIA, yes.

And yes, only the employer can track it - ESDC won't usually speak to employees.

HTH.

Ok cheers.
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Jessicaaaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, came across an article today re; applications for TFWs. In sum, the number of applications they've received since the reform has dropped by almost 75%! Here is the link if you're interested...

The government's overhaul of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program is proving to be successful, says Employment Minister Jason Kenney, whose department has recorded a 74 per cent drop in applications this July and August over the same period last year. Temporary foreign worker applications drop 74% since new reforms - Politics - CBC News
Old Sep 17th 2014, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry to post again so soon, but I feel the need to post my findings. To summarize it, 72% of low-skilled employers in the areas served by ESDC's Vancouver office are INELIGIBLE for LMIAs. Therefore, the number of low-skilled LMIA applications should have dropped considerably after the rule changes.

All economic development regions across Canada with unemployment rates exceeding 6% are ineligible for the program right. Here's a list of all of ESDC's regions and their unemployment rates. Well, I did some number crunching and it turns out that 92% of BC's and 71.2% of Manitoba's low-skilled businesses are not eligible for LMIAs right now. Since Saskatchewan and the Yukon are still eligible, the overall percentage of ineligible low-skilled jobs in the areas seved by ESDC's Vancouver office is 72%.

If there's a 72% reduction in low-skilled LMIAs, then why are things taking so long? A reduction of this magnitude should definitely reduce processing times at ESDC, but it's not doing so.
I was right about my numbers. So there are 74% fewer applications at Service Canada.

Temporary foreign worker applications drop 74% since new reforms - Politics - CBC News
Old Sep 17th 2014, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

I was right about my numbers. So there are 74% fewer applications at Service Canada.

Temporary foreign worker applications drop 74% since new reforms - Politics - CBC News

Yes right! I was wondering if a large percentage of that drop would be the food sector. But yes your right. I can't get my head around any of it...

Emailed another one of our poss employers couple of days ago, and he kindly updated me saying their application is ready to be submitted this Friday...however when I called them last month the told me their application was refused/ they had to redo their adverts as they weren't satisfactory.....so I'm not sure if they would have already had app in, but what I don't understand is why are they telling me their app is going in on Friday? Wouldn't it have already been in if they were told to redo advertising??

And to be honest I don't feel like we can ring them again to ask why this is so because I don't want to keep badgering them or seem like I'm cross examining them!

Last edited by kate8kate0; Sep 17th 2014 at 10:08 am.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 5:27 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Yes right! I was wondering if a large percentage of that drop would be the food sector. But yes your right. I can't get my head around any of it...

Emailed another one of our poss employers couple of days ago, and he kindly updated me saying their application is ready to be submitted this Friday...however when I called them last month the told me their application was refused/ they had to redo their adverts as they weren't satisfactory.....so I'm not sure if they would have already had app in, but what I don't understand is why are they telling me their app is going in on Friday? Wouldn't it have already been in if they were told to redo advertising??

And to be honest I don't feel like we can ring them again to ask why this is so because I don't want to keep badgering them or seem like I'm cross examining them!

1. No, if they didn't meet the advertising requirements, then the LMIA is refused and after they then meet the requirements, it is resubmitted as a new application. ESDC doesn't hold them, waiting for the employer to comply.
Old Sep 17th 2014, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. No, if they didn't meet the advertising requirements, then the LMIA is refused and after they then meet the requirements, it is resubmitted as a new application. ESDC doesn't hold them, waiting for the employer to comply.
Oh I see thanks that makes it clearer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.