LMIA Processing Time?!

Old Aug 10th 2014, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

tomscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMIA Processing Time?!

Hi might be a long shot in't dark. But does anyone know the processing time for an LMIA (LMO) now the changes have come in?

Any information would be grateful thanks.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 5:30 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA Processing Time?!

Depends on if your job is high or low skill, which office is processing it IE Alberta or BC, ON.?

Average for BC I believe is 6-8 weeks, also factor in is holiday season for everyone including government workers, less staff equals slower processing times.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Depends on if your job is high or low skill, which office is processing it IE Alberta or BC, ON.?

Average for BC I believe is 6-8 weeks, also factor in is holiday season for everyone including government workers, less staff equals slower processing times.
I'm a truck driver so semi skilled not too sure?! And I presume it's alberta as the company's in Calgary.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 1:32 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomscott
I'm a truck driver so semi skilled not too sure?! And I presume it's alberta as the company's in Calgary.
Yes Alberta would process it, you could call ESDC and check the average processing time. Yes semi and Lower skilled I believe now take longer than higher skilled applications
Old Aug 11th 2014, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Yes Alberta would process it, you could call ESDC and check the average processing time. Yes semi and Lower skilled I believe now take longer than higher skilled applications
Ah right. Been waiting since May. So been a while already.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah right. Been waiting since May. So been a while already.
Hi tom, have you contacted the trucking company at all, the recruiter/ hr dept. to ask how the application is getting on at all mate?
Old Aug 11th 2014, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kate8kate0
Hi tom, have you contacted the trucking company at all, the recruiter/ hr dept. to ask how the application is getting on at all mate?
Yep. I email them once, twice a week and all they say is that there waiting for the government to get the LMO'S back to them. The company's westcan. Says on the internet it can take owt from 2 to 25 weeks.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

kate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond reputekate8kate0 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok good that's ok then, it sounds like they've got it in hand, and with westcan being a biggish company that's the reason for delay in LMOs probably. Was just asking just so you know they've not bailed out of applying for lmo since the moratorium. As that what happened to us with a couple of companies. All ok now though back on track.
Also perhaps you get in with another company.

Good luck, hang in there we are too

Last edited by kate8kate0; Aug 11th 2014 at 3:41 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ok good that's ok then, it sounds like they've got it in hand, and with westcan being a biggish company that's they're reason for delay in LMOs probably. Was just asking just so you know they've not bailed out of applying for lmo since the moratorium. As that what happened to us with a couple of companies. All ok now though back on track.
Also perhaps you get in with another company.

Good luck, hang in there we are too
I went over on holiday at the end of April this year. And went into westcan for an interview, medical and driving assessment. And all went really well. Also my uncle is currently working for them at the same terminal. So kinda got a big one up on most of the other people applying for an lmo there. Suppose all in can do is sit back and wait it out. Where you heading for?
Old Aug 11th 2014, 3:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Also my uncle is currently working for them at the same terminal. So kinda got a big one up on most of the other people applying for an lmo there.
Unless your Uncle works for ESDC, then you've got no advantage over anybody else!

Sounds like you applied before the changes anyway, so the old timescales will apply to you, figure around 12-16 weeks.

HTH, good luck.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

I went over on holiday at the end of April this year. And went into westcan for an interview, medical and driving assessment. And all went really well. Also my uncle is currently working for them at the same terminal. So kinda got a big one up on most of the other people applying for an lmo there. Suppose all in can do is sit back and wait it out. Where you heading for?
Yeah that sounds all good to me Tom. It's a pain waiting, especially with all the changes , it quite unnerving. But all in good time, we'll get there, OH has had interviews with a couple in calgary, sk and winnipeg, so kinda got our eggs in lots of baskets!, whichever one comes in first we'll go for. It's a killer waiting! Can not wait to get out there tbh.
The companies have told us 8 weeks wait, I don't know why westcan long wait like that...maybe someone can answer on here? ..ah oompa just did, there u go wait time is right, not long now probs

Last edited by kate8kate0; Aug 11th 2014 at 3:59 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Unless your Uncle works for ESDC, then you've got no advantage over anybody else!

Sounds like you applied before the changes anyway, so the old timescales will apply to you, figure around 12-16 weeks.

HTH, good luck.
So having family over there that have already been through all this and got there pr is not gonna work in my favour abit. I think it will. Otherwise they wouldn't ask you on the application.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 4:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So having family over there that have already been through all this and got there pr is not gonna work in my favour abit. I think it will. Otherwise they wouldn't ask you on the application.
What application? It certainly won't help you with the LMO/LMIA app, having an Uncle with PR will make no difference at all. I don't even know what form you're referring to, you shouldn't have had to fill anything in yet if you haven't even got your LMIA?

The only time it would assist with a visa application would be for either a family based visa category, or for a Federal Skilled Worker application, when he'd get you an extra 5 points.

But for a LMIA/TWP, no use to you whatsoever!
Old Aug 11th 2014, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah that sounds all good to me Tom. It's a pain waiting, especially with all the changes , it quite unnerving. But all in good time, we'll get there, OH has had interviews with a couple in calgary, sk and winnipeg, so kinda got our eggs in lots of baskets!, whichever one comes in first we'll go for. It's a killer waiting! Can not wait to get out there tbh.
The companies have told us 8 weeks wait, I don't know why westcan long wait like that...maybe someone can answer on here? ..ah oompa just did, there u go wait time is right, not long now probs
Ye you do right mate. Jump at whichever comes in. I've been waiting around 11 weeks now. So we'll see. Sick of waiting now lol. Don't know wether we're coming or going. Seems like you've applied for more than one job. What is it your doing over there? I've just gone for the one as my family love in Calgary so they'd be able to help us out with stuff.
Old Aug 11th 2014, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes we're going to calgary hopefully or Saskatchewan, both lovely places, OH doing trucking. It will be a new lease of life getting to canada eh! we're sooo fed up with uk. Good luck and enjoy it all , as I say not long to go now, for us too! Can't wait.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.