LMIA Exempt - IMM 5802

Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Winterfresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LMIA Exempt - IMM 5802

Hi, My son is a British citizen and is just coming to the end of his 2nd year IEC visa and would like to apply for a new work visa. He has been working for the same company since he arrived (construction NOC 7271) and that company would like to keep him on. When we do the Wizard tool on the CIC website it comes up that he is LMIA exempt and requests the employer completes form 5802. Has anybody else experienced this? We want to make sure we're not missing anything. Also, on point # 21 of the form, it asks for the title of LMIA exemption being requested - does anyone know what the answer should be here??
Any advice much appreciated!
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:39 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LMIA Exempt - IMM 5802

Hi

Originally Posted by Winterfresh
Hi, My son is a British citizen and is just coming to the end of his 2nd year IEC visa and would like to apply for a new work visa. He has been working for the same company since he arrived (construction NOC 7271) and that company would like to keep him on. When we do the Wizard tool on the CIC website it comes up that he is LMIA exempt and requests the employer completes form 5802. Has anybody else experienced this? We want to make sure we're not missing anything. Also, on point # 21 of the form, it asks for the title of LMIA exemption being requested - does anyone know what the answer should be here??
Any advice much appreciated!
1. He is not eligible for a 2nd IEC, so if the company wishes him to continue to work, they are going to have to get an approved LMIA after the usual advertising, paying fee, and demonstrating that there are no CCs/PRs available or qualified for the work.
2. I have no idea why the wizard comes up with that, unless he is inputting some incorrect information. His occupation doesn't fall into any of the codes contained in Question 21.

Last edited by PMM; Apr 2nd 2015 at 7:42 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks PMM. I know he isn't eligible for another IEC as he is finishing his 2nd one atm. We are certainly not inputting incorrect information into the wizard. I have worked the CIC system for the last several years on our own work/IEC/PR applications so am baffled as to why it's coming up with the IMM5802. Apparently it's due to new procedures that came into place in February
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks PMM. I know he isn't eligible for another IEC as he is finishing his 2nd one atm. We are certainly not inputting incorrect information into the wizard. I have worked the CIC system for the last several years on our own work/IEC/PR applications so am baffled as to why it's coming up with the IMM5802. Apparently it's due to new procedures that came into place in February

1. Go back to the 5802 look at Q21, click on the down arrow, it lists all the programs for LMIA exemption. He has to fall into one of those, the actual full list is here: International Mobility Program: LMIA exemption codes
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I understand that. Hence the reason I came on here to see if anybody else has experienced the same thing.
Old Apr 5th 2015, 9:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I understand that. Hence the reason I came on here to see if anybody else has experienced the same thing.
Loads of people have, the 'wizard' is often broken. So I'd take what it says with a pinch of salt and always double check whatever it tells you.

As PMM's said, he'll need a LMIA for a new TWP.

HTH.