Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Living with sponsor, financial support?

Living with sponsor, financial support?

Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:46 am
Just Joined

BobbyBuilder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living with sponsor, financial support?

Hi, I am about to send in the app for common-law. Basically, we've been living together in Canada for 2 years (respecting visa requirements with re-entries), during which time I've been living off savings. I'm wondering what to put down for the question do you receive financial support from your sponsor?

Is it a requirement of the spousal application to show how I've supported myself for that time with no income? The last employment I had was 3.5 years ago, which of course is on my timeline of activities since 18..

Thanks heaps!
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:04 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Re: Living with sponsor, financial support?

The answer to the Spousal Support question is No. You've been living off your savings, correct?

As for proving how you've been supporting yourself, if I remember right you'll be covering that in the other questions on the sponsored spouse questionnaire i.e. when you're detailing how your and your spouse's finances are combined.