Listing family members...

Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Question Listing family members...

Hi there,

I have been reading with interest one particular thread about an adopted daughter, and wondered if I need to supply any further information about my situation...

I was adopted by my father at age 2 when he married my mother. I only have the name of my biological father (a US citizen), whom I have tried to contact without any luck. Hopefully I will resume this once I am in Canada... Should I include this person on my application even though I only have his name?

Continuing on from the above, I have an uncle (my adoptive father's half-brother) who is a Canadian citizen (emergrated from UK in 70's) who we have mentioned on our application as a relative in Canada - he has also written to CIC saying that he will help us settle in anyway that he can. I am assuming that even though he is not a blood relation, this should still count as a relation in Canada?

Many thanks,

James.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:00 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Listing family members...

Adoption creates the relationship so the uncle should be counted. The biological father is not counted or of interest although you may be asked about hime at some point.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:42 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

ditto above.....the law says that as adoptive parents, that overalls the 'birth father'....so no need to mention him.....as to the adoptive parents brother, by law, and therefore conclusive, that makes his brother your uncle.......hope that helps?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Adoption creates the relationship so the uncle should be counted. The biological father is not counted or of interest although you may be asked about hime at some point.
Thanks Jim
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
ditto above.....the law says that as adoptive parents, that overalls the 'birth father'....so no need to mention him.....as to the adoptive parents brother, by law, and therefore conclusive, that makes his brother your uncle.......hope that helps?
Thank you