Landing in Vancouver in May

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

ellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant future
Default Landing in Vancouver in May

Hi,

We are landing in Vancouver in May and then returning to sort out the house etc before permanently moving later in the year.

Has anyone else done this and could they shed some light on whether when we land we then have to apply for our health cards etc or whether we can do all that when we return later in the year?

Ellejay
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 4:45 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing in Vancouver in May

Hi

Originally Posted by ellejay
Hi,

We are landing in Vancouver in May and then returning to sort out the house etc before permanently moving later in the year.

Has anyone else done this and could they shed some light on whether when we land we then have to apply for our health cards etc or whether we can do all that when we return later in the year?

Ellejay
'It is a 3 month waiting period for BC MSP so without a permanent address wait until you return.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Location: Larkfield, Kent, Landed Toronto July 09, perm move to Cambridge March 2010
moley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to allmoley39 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ellejay
Hi,

Ellejay
Hi. My hubby and I landed in Toronto last year (July) and got our SIN cards whilst we were there, and my uncle forwarded on our PR cards. We haven't go our Ontario Health Cards until we move "properly" in a couple of weeks. I believe for our Health cards we also have a wait of approx 3 months.

Best of luck with the move and hope it all goes well for you!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Wags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really niceWags18uk is just really nice

Hiya,

My wife and I landed in Vancouver on 30th Jan this year. We just followed the signs at the airport to immigration control and told them we wanted to activate our premanent residence visas. Fortunately it was really quiet, with no-one else in front of us.

It took all of about 15 mins to go through all the paperwork and answer a few questions, just make sure you have photocopies of goods accompaning and goods to follow lists, so they can then get stamped and attached to their forms, saves a lot of time. The immigration guy wasn't interested in seeing our proof of funds, but I would advise having it handy just in case.

We also provided an address of a friend in Canada to get our PR Cards sent to. You will probably need these to re-enter Canada as a PR or will require a Travel visa (not 100% sure on that but that's what I understand from other posts).

As we were on Holiday we didn't get our SIN cards, but will sort that out when we arrive later in the year for good (August hopefully).

Hope the above helps, any questions please ask.

Cheers