AOR - Is this always issued?

Old Feb 19th 2010, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default AOR - Is this always issued?

Hi,

Once we got our PNP approval we sent our PR application to Buffalo.

They received it on 06 Jan 2010 but we have not heard a thing since.

I do believe they should send us and Acknowledgement Of Recept (AOR)Letter to say the have received the application.

Some friends say they never received one so I was just wondering is an AOR always supposed to be issued? otherwise how do you get your file number to check your application using the online facility and for correspondence.

Your help is appreciated.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 10:22 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR - Is this always issued?

You will probably get a letter asking you to undergo the medical exams and including a receipt for your processing fees. But it will be some time before that is sent out. Did you send your application by courier?
Old Feb 19th 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You will probably get a letter asking you to undergo the medical exams and including a receipt for your processing fees. But it will be some time before that is sent out. Did you send your application by courier?
Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

We sent the application vis Xpresspost (signed for) and according to the tracking number it was signed for at the address on 06 Jan 2010.

I was enquiring as some people on here have had an AOR through within 1 month and others a little longer some never have had anything.

Suppose even though it has been delivered according to the postal system and because you dont hear anything you always tend to think it has gone astray.

Cheers Dave
Old Feb 20th 2010, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Hi,

If you apply under the PNP you do not receive an AOR (think this is due to the priority processing of the PNP). That's what i gather, and is my personal experience!

To get your File No. you can do what i did and email CIC London at:-

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...e-comment.aspx

and follow the "Webform" link

Although the CIC website warns that if you are still within processing timeframes you will be unlikely to get a reply - I did, and it was a very quick reply too.

"Dear ** ******,

Please be advised that your immigration file number is B*********.
Please quote this number in any future correspondence.

You file is currently awaiting review by an Immigration Officer.

Sincerely,"

Once you have your File No. then access e-CAS here:-

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/aut...te.do?app=ecas

Though bare in mind it does not tell you much. We applied for PR 1st October 2009 and received our meds request 15th Feb (dated 10th Feb). Unless there is an issue with your application this is likely to be the equivalent of an AOR when applying under the PNP; in my experience!

Hope i've shed some light, Good Luck!

Last edited by Psyched; Feb 20th 2010 at 11:59 am.
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:14 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi same experience as above poster. No AOR has been sent to me. Just an email from London asking for some more info (The email had my file number on)
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks to all for your replies.

We applied via Buffalo so will see if I can find the appropriate contact to enquire about the case number.

As was mentioned prob wont tell me anything until we get Med requests but will give us the comfort of knowing they are actually processing it and its not been lost or shredded...

Thanks again much appreciated....

Edit:

Done. Enquiry on its way. Thanks

Last edited by DAVIE_MAC; Feb 22nd 2010 at 10:15 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:15 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
Thanks to all for your replies.

We applied via Buffalo so will see if I can find the appropriate contact to enquire about the case number.

As was mentioned prob wont tell me anything until we get Med requests but will give us the comfort of knowing they are actually processing it and its not been lost or shredded...

Thanks again much appreciated....

Edit:

Done. Enquiry on its way. Thanks
Hi Davie Mac,

we didn't get an AOR either! As Jim mentioned above our immigration file number was on our medical request - we received that about 5 weeks after sending our application off.

Once I had the number I used to check it on ecas and all it ever said was 'in process' along with the date they began processing the file. Once I'd sent off our passports for the visa to be put in them the status changed to 'decision made'.

Best of luck with everything