Landing & Packing

Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Liesl Maple Leaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing & Packing

Hi

We are just about to submit our passports for the PR visas, and have to land in Canada before the 24th September. We will be landing for a week and returning to finalise our affairs here and sell our house before the permanent move.

We know we have to submit details of 'Goods To Follow', but I have a couple of questions that are making me stress a bit.

Firstly do you need to have the international removals company organised before you go for landing, and identify them to Immigration in Canada?

Secondly I notice that examples of lists show general categories rather than detail, such as '2 boxes of bedding'. However I believe that removal companies pack for you, so even broad details like this will not be known until the packing is done later after we return from our landing trip. From experience would Canadian Immigration be happy with a list which doesn't show quantities, for example:-

Bedding $200
Books $300
Kitchen Utensils $250

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Pete (Liesl's Hubby)
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:25 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landing & Packing

Originally Posted by Liesl Maple Leaf
Hi

We are just about to submit our passports for the PR visas, and have to land in Canada before the 24th September. We will be landing for a week and returning to finalise our affairs here and sell our house before the permanent move.

We know we have to submit details of 'Goods To Follow', but I have a couple of questions that are making me stress a bit.

Firstly do you need to have the international removals company organised before you go for landing, and identify them to Immigration in Canada?

Secondly I notice that examples of lists show general categories rather than detail, such as '2 boxes of bedding'. However I believe that removal companies pack for you, so even broad details like this will not be known until the packing is done later after we return from our landing trip. From experience would Canadian Immigration be happy with a list which doesn't show quantities, for example:-

Bedding $200
Books $300
Kitchen Utensils $250

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Pete (Liesl's Hubby)
Hi Pete, lists like Bedding $200 and so on will do just fine, they don't want a detailed list of everything in your boxes, just guidelines. If you're bringing over anything electrical, laptops and stuff like that you should write the serial numbers so they can check if needed. You don't have to tell customs what company you intend to use, they won't be interested in anything like that...it's mainly so they can keep a track of whats coming in and the value... Good luck with your move...
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:52 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Landing & Packing

You might not be asked for a 'goods to follow' list as you might be told to present this when you return to take up residence. It all depends on the customs officer.

As the other poster said you dont need to declare the shipper or present their list. A simple list as you have written is fine, just remember they suggest you include photos of jewellery in either Goods to Follow or Goods Accompanying.