Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landing experience by road -Ontario

Landing experience by road -Ontario

Old Jun 16th 2003, 5:23 pm
dbj
Just Joined

dbj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landing experience by road -Ontario

We landed yesterday afternoon which took about an hour of paperwork processing etc. Crossed the Thousand Islands Bridge from Canada (where I was on EA) and back again to land.

Unexpectedly I did not have to present proof of funds or list of goods to be shipped, just a verbal statement of how much money I had. I had paperwork to support the amount claimed but it was not looked at. After immigration I had to speak to customs but they were happy that as my follow on shipment is going comercially from UK to CA that it would all be processed through customs properly when it arrives. The list I had was not even looked at. All very painless- the immigration agent apologised for the time taken but after nearly 2 years of hard work to get to that point, an hour was no problem!!! Main process was verification of passport details against the paperwork issued for immigration.

Note - having the visa in your passport does not mean that I had to use it the first time I entered with it. I entered 3 times with it in my passport after business trips in the UK connected with my work on EA here but only when I stated I was landing was it then processed.

Good luck everyone.

DBJ