Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Landed in Vancouver ..Question Jim/PMM/Andrew or others

Landed in Vancouver ..Question Jim/PMM/Andrew or others

Old Mar 24th 2005, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

otarusnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed in Vancouver ..Question Jim/PMM/Andrew or others

Hi Everyone,

I just landed at the vancouver airport 2 days ago. The same old procedure as most have mentioned here in this forum. Went through the immigration office where I showed the passport with visa and COPR. Then directed to the custom office.
One thing odd is that I was told by the custom officer that they no longer accept the B4 forms ( goods to follow forms) anymore. I was given a form instead. On that form, it was stated to call the number only when the goods arrive.

Well I will be importing my car and most of my stuffs from california, how would this work then? On some of the threads, some say that I need to show some kind of B4 receipt when the goods to follow are brought in?
If I were to drive across the border without any of this receipt but just the goods to follow list, will that be okay?

Anybody with similar experience?

Thanks.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 5:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed in Vancouver ..Question Jim/PMM/Andrew or others

Hi

Originally Posted by otarusnow
Hi Everyone,

I just landed at the vancouver airport 2 days ago. The same old procedure as most have mentioned here in this forum. Went through the immigration office where I showed the passport with visa and COPR. Then directed to the custom office.
One thing odd is that I was told by the custom officer that they no longer accept the B4 forms ( goods to follow forms) anymore. I was given a form instead. On that form, it was stated to call the number only when the goods arrive.

Well I will be importing my car and most of my stuffs from california, how would this work then? On some of the threads, some say that I need to show some kind of B4 receipt when the goods to follow are brought in?
If I were to drive across the border without any of this receipt but just the goods to follow list, will that be okay?

Anybody with similar experience?

Thanks.
News to me, what is the form number then it could be checked out on the CBSA site for any info.

PMM
Old Mar 25th 2005, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

otarusnow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Landed in Vancouver ..Question Jim/PMM/Andrew or others

HI PMM,

There is no number on the form but just a phone number and statement telling me to call the number to set up appt with the custom officer when my goods to follow arrive.

I wonder what will happen in my case since I will be importing my goods to follow in the car that i will also be importing. Will i need to show any kind of B4 receipt when importing those goods later on? Will it be okay if I just show up at the border in August and just show them the goods to follow even though i have landed few days ago?

Thanks.