Landed today!!

Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

admissiblebrit will become famous soon enough
Default Landed today!!

So the deed is done. Landed this afternoon.

Went to the local office we were in for quite the wait. Our number was called I told the lady I was there to land. She seemed suprised at first.
The lady I spoke to last week came up and said yes he lands today his documents are in the drawer. The lady went and pulled my COPR from the cabinet and took my RPRF and told us to have a seat whilst she created a receipt. 5 mins later she called us to a booth. Checked my photographs, asked me to read through my COPR.

She asked me if I had any dpenedants not on the app and this was the final chance I had to declare them. I said no I had to circle this on the copr and initial.

Then came the big one, have you been convicted of a crime. I answered yes and handed her the letter I recieved from cic stating I was no long inadmissible to Canada. She read it then took it to her supervisor who came over and said everything is fine and to put no on the copr and have me sign it. (phew)

then she told me to sign in and date the copr that the above statements are true.

Then sign inside the green box and to stay inside it. I did that handed her back the document. She then read to me the pr obligations. And then said congratulations you are now a pr of Canada. At which point my wife errupted into a fountain of tears, to which all the female officers crowded around and did the awwwws. I have the Missus a big hug and a kiss. Thanked the staff and walked out into the street a pr.

Then I went to get my sin. That's a whole other story and it wasn't without complications but I did get then SIN in the end after $40 in taxis (wife had to hustle back to work)

So tonight for the first time in 5 years I can sleep tight and not have to worry
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:30 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Landed today!!

It's a wonderful feeling eh?

It was 5 years for me too... so I can appreciate how you are feeling

Congratulations............ and welcome to Canada, eh!!

Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear.........and continued good luck to you all.....
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:39 am
Living life again!!!!!!!

Falcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond reputeFalcore has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww! Congratulations, all the best for the future.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Congrat's to both of you! All the best of the future, eh!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Congratulations and best wishes.

Ray
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura aboutCherry Jam has a spectacular aura about

Sooo happy for you! Enjoy the adventure. May all your Canadian dreams come true. Enjoy Canada on our behalf too.

Cherry Jam
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:52 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Best wishes for a happy new life.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Many congratulations - enjoy your worry free sleep!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

maggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of lightmaggie and chris is a glorious beacon of light

Many congratulations

What a lovely post!
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

admissiblebrit will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Just finished my first day of work as a PR..feels gooood. And my company are sending me to every branch across canada to help consolidate our IT roll out. Cant think of a better way to enjoy being a PR than to do a cross canada trek
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

Pengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nicePengy is just really nice

Originally Posted by admissiblebrit
So the deed is done. Landed this afternoon.

Went to the local office we were in for quite the wait. Our number was called I told the lady I was there to land. She seemed suprised at first.
The lady I spoke to last week came up and said yes he lands today his documents are in the drawer. The lady went and pulled my COPR from the cabinet and took my RPRF and told us to have a seat whilst she created a receipt. 5 mins later she called us to a booth. Checked my photographs, asked me to read through my COPR.

She asked me if I had any dpenedants not on the app and this was the final chance I had to declare them. I said no I had to circle this on the copr and initial.

Then came the big one, have you been convicted of a crime. I answered yes and handed her the letter I recieved from cic stating I was no long inadmissible to Canada. She read it then took it to her supervisor who came over and said everything is fine and to put no on the copr and have me sign it. (phew)

then she told me to sign in and date the copr that the above statements are true.

Then sign inside the green box and to stay inside it. I did that handed her back the document. She then read to me the pr obligations. And then said congratulations you are now a pr of Canada. At which point my wife errupted into a fountain of tears, to which all the female officers crowded around and did the awwwws. I have the Missus a big hug and a kiss. Thanked the staff and walked out into the street a pr.

Then I went to get my sin. That's a whole other story and it wasn't without complications but I did get then SIN in the end after $40 in taxis (wife had to hustle back to work)

So tonight for the first time in 5 years I can sleep tight and not have to worry
A UK Awwww to add to those then !

Congratulations !!

Peng
Old Aug 5th 2010, 7:31 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Many congratulations!!! must feel outstanding!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:15 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on a great day