British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Landed today!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/landed-today-679666/)

admissiblebrit Aug 4th 2010 12:50 am

Landed today!!

So the deed is done. Landed this afternoon.

Went to the local office we were in for quite the wait. Our number was called I told the lady I was there to land. She seemed suprised at first.
The lady I spoke to last week came up and said yes he lands today his documents are in the drawer. The lady went and pulled my COPR from the cabinet and took my RPRF and told us to have a seat whilst she created a receipt. 5 mins later she called us to a booth. Checked my photographs, asked me to read through my COPR.

She asked me if I had any dpenedants not on the app and this was the final chance I had to declare them. I said no I had to circle this on the copr and initial.

Then came the big one, have you been convicted of a crime. I answered yes and handed her the letter I recieved from cic stating I was no long inadmissible to Canada. She read it then took it to her supervisor who came over and said everything is fine and to put no on the copr and have me sign it. (phew)

then she told me to sign in and date the copr that the above statements are true.

Then sign inside the green box and to stay inside it. I did that handed her back the document. She then read to me the pr obligations. And then said congratulations you are now a pr of Canada. At which point my wife errupted into a fountain of tears, to which all the female officers crowded around and did the awwwws. I have the Missus a big hug and a kiss. Thanked the staff and walked out into the street a pr.

Then I went to get my sin. That's a whole other story and it wasn't without complications but I did get then SIN in the end after $40 in taxis (wife had to hustle back to work)

So tonight for the first time in 5 years I can sleep tight and not have to worry

Siouxie Aug 4th 2010 1:30 am

Re: Landed today!!

It's a wonderful feeling eh?

It was 5 years for me too... so I can appreciate how you are feeling :)

Congratulations............ and welcome to Canada, eh!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

airbornesapper Aug 4th 2010 3:12 am

Good to hear.........and continued good luck to you all.....:thumbsup:

Falcore Aug 4th 2010 7:39 am

Awwww! :wub: Congratulations, all the best for the future. :thumbsup:

MapleSauce Aug 4th 2010 12:35 pm

Congrat's to both of you! All the best of the future, eh! ;)

raymasa Aug 4th 2010 4:31 pm

Congratulations and best wishes.

Ray

Cherry Jam Aug 4th 2010 6:50 pm

Sooo happy for you! Enjoy the adventure. May all your Canadian dreams come true. Enjoy Canada on our behalf too.

Cherry Jam

Simon Legree Aug 4th 2010 6:52 pm

Well done. Best wishes for a happy new life. :)

chobert Aug 4th 2010 6:57 pm

Many congratulations - enjoy your worry free sleep! :thumbsup:

maggie and chris Aug 4th 2010 8:33 pm

Many congratulations :)

What a lovely post!

admissiblebrit Aug 4th 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Just finished my first day of work as a PR..feels gooood. And my company are sending me to every branch across canada to help consolidate our IT roll out. Cant think of a better way to enjoy being a PR than to do a cross canada trek

Pengy Aug 4th 2010 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by admissiblebrit (Post 8750984)
So the deed is done. Landed this afternoon.

Went to the local office we were in for quite the wait. Our number was called I told the lady I was there to land. She seemed suprised at first.
The lady I spoke to last week came up and said yes he lands today his documents are in the drawer. The lady went and pulled my COPR from the cabinet and took my RPRF and told us to have a seat whilst she created a receipt. 5 mins later she called us to a booth. Checked my photographs, asked me to read through my COPR.

She asked me if I had any dpenedants not on the app and this was the final chance I had to declare them. I said no I had to circle this on the copr and initial.

Then came the big one, have you been convicted of a crime. I answered yes and handed her the letter I recieved from cic stating I was no long inadmissible to Canada. She read it then took it to her supervisor who came over and said everything is fine and to put no on the copr and have me sign it. (phew)

then she told me to sign in and date the copr that the above statements are true.

Then sign inside the green box and to stay inside it. I did that handed her back the document. She then read to me the pr obligations. And then said congratulations you are now a pr of Canada. At which point my wife errupted into a fountain of tears, to which all the female officers crowded around and did the awwwws. I have the Missus a big hug and a kiss. Thanked the staff and walked out into the street a pr.

Then I went to get my sin. That's a whole other story and it wasn't without complications but I did get then SIN in the end after $40 in taxis (wife had to hustle back to work)

So tonight for the first time in 5 years I can sleep tight and not have to worry

A UK Awwww to add to those then !

Congratulations !!

Peng

Howefamily Aug 5th 2010 7:31 pm

Many congratulations!!! must feel outstanding!:thumbup:

Bali2010 Aug 5th 2010 10:15 pm

congrats on a great day:thumbsup: