Landed in Canada

Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:12 pm
Dee

deepasunil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed in Canada

I landed in Toronto last saturday . The immigration process went really smooth , I handed over the passport and the COPR to the immigration officer and she asked for the canadian address and the proof of funds. I showed her the bank statement . She asked what I am going to do in Canada . I said "I have many plans" and she gave me a grin . She said the PR card will be mailed in a month to the Canadian address that I provided . I was given the forms to apply for the SIN card and health insurance
At the customs , they asked me for the goods to follow list and I handed over that . The whole process took 15 minutes , I have never gone through such a hassle free process

Hope the following helps :
1. I carried more than 10K dollars with me , all I did was declare that in the customs form . Nobody asked me anything regarding that .

2. I did not carry extra photographs , nobody asked for it .

3. The immigration officer asked me for a phone number of a friend/relative in Canada , so its better if you could have a phone number handy .

4. Its better to create a goods to follow list in the form below , instead of creating it in an excel sheet or just noting it down in a paper.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4/README.html

Make sure that the import address in the B4 form is the canadian address .

5.If you are listing your car for importing , make sure that you mention the Vehicle Identification number in the from along with the make and the model number . The customs officer asked me to enter the car's color too .

My special thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and advice provided . This forum has helped me so much and made my life a lot easier .

Thanks everyone !
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:19 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Landed in Canada

Originally Posted by deepasunil
I landed in Toronto last saturday . The immigration process went really smooth , I handed over the passport and the COPR to the immigration officer and she asked for the canadian address and the proof of funds. I showed her the bank statement . She asked what I am going to do in Canada . I said "I have many plans" and she gave me a grin . She said the PR card will be mailed in a month to the Canadian address that I provided . I was given the forms to apply for the SIN card and health insurance
At the customs , they asked me for the goods to follow list and I handed over that . The whole process took 15 minutes , I have never gone through such a hassle free process

1. I carried more than 10K dollars with me , all I did was declare that in the customs form . Nobody asked me anything regarding that .

3. The immigration officer asked me for a phone number of a friend/relative in Canada , so its better if you could have a phone number handy .

4. Its better to create a goods to follow list in the form below , instead of creating it in an excel sheet or just noting it down in a paper.

5.If you are listing your car for importing , make sure that you mention the Vehicle Identification number in the from along with the make and the model number . The customs officer asked me to enter the car's color too .

My special thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and advice provided . This forum has helped me so much and made my life a lot easier .

Thanks everyone !
Congratulations!!

I will be landing in a month or so. Did you land using your car? Did you put the same car on your items to follow list?
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:24 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone !
congratulations on the success!!
best of luck fr the future......
MY DAY WOULD COME TOO
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:32 pm
Dee

Thanks !

No , I landed via air. I havent imported my car yet , I listed it in the goods to follow list.

Originally Posted by MJ23
Congratulations!!

I will be landing in a month or so. Did you land using your car? Did you put the same car on your items to follow list?
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone !
Thanks for sharing your good news. Soon, i will be landing too.

When you handed in the Canadian address, did you also give the name of the resident of that address. Did the officer ask whose address was it? thanks.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 1:33 am
Just Joined

rickmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone !
Congratulations on your smooth landing. It was good to read your post since I will also be landing in a couple weeks and was wondering what I need to have with me (B4 forms, pictures, etc). No pictures? Thats great. Also, did you have to make a list of items that you took with you in your suitcases, hand luggage etc? Please let me know, it would really help me out.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:25 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Congratulations
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:45 pm
Dee

The officer did not ask me whose address it was . But she asked me if I have any friends or relatives in Canada?
When I gave her the address I had c/o my friend's name , but she ignored it and didnt fill in that information on the form .

Originally Posted by Yasmina2005
Thanks for sharing your good news. Soon, i will be landing too.

When you handed in the Canadian address, did you also give the name of the resident of that address. Did the officer ask whose address was it? thanks.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:51 pm
Dee

Good Luck for ur landing !
Infact I had a list of accompanying goods, where I had listed all the items I was carrying with me in my baggage , I handed it over to the customs officer , he returned it saying he needs only the goods to follow list.
U may aswell carry that list too, , its best to have all documents handy , some officers may ask for it and some may not, its best to be prepared

Originally Posted by rickmo
Congratulations on your smooth landing. It was good to read your post since I will also be landing in a couple weeks and was wondering what I need to have with me (B4 forms, pictures, etc). No pictures? Thats great. Also, did you have to make a list of items that you took with you in your suitcases, hand luggage etc? Please let me know, it would really help me out.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 4:54 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck for ur landing !
Infact I had a list of accompanying goods, where I had listed all the items I was carrying with me in my baggage , I handed it over to the customs officer , he returned it saying he needs only the goods to follow list.
U may aswell carry that list too, , its best to have all documents handy , some officers may ask for it and some may not, its best to be prepared
cheers on the advice!!
I would keep in mind while landing!!!!
when is it coming anyways????
maybe sooooooooooooooooooooon.......
Old May 20th 2005, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Inah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, deepasunil! I hope you're still logging in here at the forum (and not too busy ) and will be able to answer a couple of questions. You said you showed them the bank statement.

1. Do you mean that aside from the cash you have, you also brought a bank statement?
2. Didn't she ask how much cash you have and only accepted the bank statement as enough proof?

Your answers are highly appreciated. Thanks!