Landed!!!

Old Dec 25th 2004, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

zinc65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Landed!!!

Hi Guys,

I landed yesterday Dec 23 around 9:15 pm in Coutts in Alberta. The whole process including sorting out my car papers with customs took less than 15 minutes. (My car was already registered in Alberta, so that made the process quicker.) All the officers were so nice. Meanwhile, I had more than 3 hours of agony in the hands of a US immigration officer on the other side, who even forgot to give me my landing papers afterwards, so I ended up going round in a loop around the border to get my document back........ and all he could tell me was, "sorry about that".....

Anyway, today I checked e-client to see what's going on. The status has changed to "COMPLETE". I clicked on it and found this:

--------------------
We started processing your application on July 24, 2003.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the office on December 23, 2004 and became a Permanent Resident.
---------------------

Once again, I'm so glad to maKe this move, and I think it is one of the best decisions I've made in my life...... and this is the biggest christmas present I've ever had!

Thank you all again.

Merry Christmas!!!
Old Dec 25th 2004, 4:51 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Landed!!!

Originally Posted by zinc65
Hi Guys,

I landed yesterday Dec 23 around 9:15 pm in Coutts in Alberta. The whole process including sorting out my car papers with customs took less than 15 minutes. (My car was already registered in Alberta, so that made the process quicker.) All the officers were so nice. Meanwhile, I had more than 3 hours of agony in the hands of a US immigration officer on the other side, who even forgot to give me my landing papers afterwards, so I ended up going round in a loop around the border to get my document back........ and all he could tell me was, "sorry about that".....

Anyway, today I checked e-client to see what's going on. The status has changed to "COMPLETE". I clicked on it and found this:

--------------------
We started processing your application on July 24, 2003.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the office on December 23, 2004 and became a Permanent Resident.
---------------------

Once again, I'm so glad to maKe this move, and I think it is one of the best decisions I've made in my life...... and this is the biggest christmas present I've ever had!

Thank you all again.

Merry Christmas!!!
congratulations and happy holidays! I have to say that the US officer was very nice to you! He actually apologized!