Lancashire to New Brunswick

Old Jul 21st 2022, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

NorthernerGone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lancashire to New Brunswick

Hello everyone!

Great to be here. My good wife, myself and two daughters are looking to move to Canada. We're quite taken by New Brunswick, with its low cost housing and scenery. We previously spoke with an immigration agent who met us in the UK who mentioned the best route to enter and get PR would be to set up a business. I work as an Editor and Journalist (but with a background in the arts) while my wife is a mechanical engineer in the UK but has another company she set up abroad producing metal items.

Because we have been given so much information we are now completely paralysed about what exactly to do. I could have the potential of a job offer from a friend's company over in Canada as a remote worker, but would that require a specific salary expectation?

So job or apply to set up a business? Haven't a clue. Oh and my mother said as soon as we're over there she would sell up and join us.

Old Jul 21st 2022, 10:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lancashire to New Brunswick

Hi, welcome to BE.

Sounds like the Self Employed route is the one you’re thinking of? You don’t actually need to set up a business for that though.

Yes, your friends job would require a certain salary level to get you a work permit from it. A work permit is also only temporary, so I’d imagine you’d be better off going straight for PR if you qualify.

Would your mother qualify for a visa? She wouldn’t be able to go on your application unfortunately, so would need to qualify on her own merits, or wait until you could sponsor her.