Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

just a quick one for any senior member?

just a quick one for any senior member?

Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold
Default just a quick one for any senior member?

on the TWP form it askes if you or any of you family has had or been in close contact with anyone who has TB,
it may be a stupid question but my husband (the main applicant) is a nurse on a Infectious Disease ward should i tick YES and will this complicate things?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 3:57 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just a quick one for any senior member?

Have there been any TB cases on that infectious disease ward? If yes then you should probably tick yes, if not then no. If you tick yes then include a cover letter (you probably should include cover letters to explain things on the forms anyway to make things easier) explaining the situation. Probably mean you'll have to have a chest x-ray (don't think it's normal for a WP but I'm not sure).
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

hi there

My OH is a nurse too though not on ID but she has nursed TB patients. We ticked yes and noted that Lynne had treated patients. I don't think its an issue, your OH would have required a medical and x-ray anyway. I think this question triggers a medical and x-ray on a TWP for people who wouldn't normally need one.

Good luck

Tom
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

walkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to beholdwalkerv05 is a splendid one to behold

thanks guys,
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Close contact usually means living with, cooped up with for most of the time. So unless a nurse has "specialed" a TB patient and not worn a close fitting mask then I dont think it applies.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

thats one question out the way here is another,
does putting on your TWP in the section "have you ever applied for any canadian immigration visas?" by putting that we applied for PR (simplified) in April 07 are we not looking like we are not going to leave? will this cause problems?
hope you get what i mean
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of people have got work permits after applying for PR; I doubt it will be a problem.