Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Just delivered my documents to the Canadian embassy 2 hours ago

Just delivered my documents to the Canadian embassy 2 hours ago

Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:39 am
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future
Default Just delivered my documents to the Canadian embassy 2 hours ago

Applied December 2006, AOR received March 2007. Document requested February 2009 to be submitted by May 2009. Submitted today 16th March 2009 at the Canadian embassy in London. The Canadian embassy is just behind my office so I just walked in and dropped my documents.

Will keep you posted when I receive medical request.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just delivered my documents to the Canadian embassy 2 hours ago

Originally Posted by bryandavid
Applied December 2006, AOR received March 2007. Document requested February 2009 to be submitted by May 2009. Submitted today 16th March 2009 at the Canadian embassy in London. The Canadian embassy is just behind my office so I just walked in and dropped my documents.

Will keep you posted when I receive medical request.
Good Luck

Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mr.mac
Good Luck

Hi Bryandavid,

thats good news it is a great feeling to 'get rid' off the paperwork, I sent mine and OH TWP pack of by recorded delivery last friday, just checked postal service and they have received it in London. yippee.

Good luck to you, fingers crossed from now and even more waiting!!!!

k
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Finishing line is coming into sight now. Best wishes with getting through the rest of the process without problem.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

I didn't realise you could drop the documents in. We're waiting for our 120 day letter, but I work just down the road from CHC, so may save the price of special delivery and take them around.

When you handed them in, do you know if it's possible to get a receipt/signature? I'm thinking not, but just incase later you needed to prove someone took them in?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:17 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
I didn't realise you could drop the documents in. We're waiting for our 120 day letter, but I work just down the road from CHC, so may save the price of special delivery and take them around.

When you handed them in, do you know if it's possible to get a receipt/signature? I'm thinking not, but just incase later you needed to prove someone took them in?
No Mark, no receipt or signature was given. However it was scanned and stamped as receipted and subsequently dropped in one of the mail boxes.

I do not think there is anything to worry about as it was the same way I submitted my simplified application in 2006 and I successfully received my AOR.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bryandavid
No Mark, no receipt or signature was given. However it was scanned and stamped as receipted and subsequently dropped in one of the mail boxes.

I do not think there is anything to worry about as it was the same way I submitted my simplified application in 2006 and I successfully received my AOR.
That sounds fine. I would have been wary about just handing the package into a receptionist on a front desk!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Hi mark

We hand delivered ours too and had no issues. They put it in a padlocked box!

Helen

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
That sounds fine. I would have been wary about just handing the package into a receptionist on a front desk!