Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

jim/andrew, medical expires... extenstion?

jim/andrew, medical expires... extenstion?

Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jim/andrew, medical expires... extenstion?

i did my medicals last year in november.
when i contacted immig office to let them know that my medicals is expiring this month and i still dont have any info from them after i sent the medical reports, landing fee etc. i got a letter stating they didnt receive my fbi report. i have now applied for the fbi report and it will not be until mid dec. that i will get it back after verification.
my question is, will the immig extend my medical reports validity for another few months, untill they receive my fbi which will take maximum of a month? or will they be asking me to do medicals all over again?? (it's a lot of money and its not my fault that they dont have my fbi report, i sent it and i have the proof but they claim they never got it. btw. they never contacted me to inform me about not receiving it for an entire year. it was after i contacted them i found out they didnt get it) andrew, jim, please advise
thanks
Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:47 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: jim/andrew, medical expires... extenstion?

It all depends from your particular circumstances and it is up to visa post to assess those circumstances and decide if they will extend medicals' validity or ask for new medicals. Extensions are rare.

Originally Posted by anxious_glo
i did my medicals last year in november.
when i contacted immig office to let them know that my medicals is expiring this month and i still dont have any info from them after i sent the medical reports, landing fee etc. i got a letter stating they didnt receive my fbi report. i have now applied for the fbi report and it will not be until mid dec. that i will get it back after verification.
my question is, will the immig extend my medical reports validity for another few months, untill they receive my fbi which will take maximum of a month? or will they be asking me to do medicals all over again?? (it's a lot of money and its not my fault that they dont have my fbi report, i sent it and i have the proof but they claim they never got it. btw. they never contacted me to inform me about not receiving it for an entire year. it was after i contacted them i found out they didnt get it) andrew, jim, please advise
thanks
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

this makes me think that i must order CAIPs if i dont hear from Consulate during next 6 weeks. I sent my medicals and additioanl docs to them , 5 months ago.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:51 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Order CAIPS for what? If you passed inteview or got waiver - it means selection decision was made. You did your medicals 5 months ago - it means that the only remaining task is your security check that is still pending. Getting CAIPS won't tell you anything else.

Originally Posted by orazone
this makes me think that i must order CAIPs if i dont hear from Consulate during next 6 weeks. I sent my medicals and additioanl docs to them , 5 months ago.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

True. But After medicals I also sent requested docs to them. As this gentleman is saying after 12 months Consulate is saying they did'nt receive his package at all. If same thing is happening to me then atleast i will be able to send them another copy and save myself some time and CAIPs might be able to provide some hint to me. Just a thought. Actually I received interview waiver thats why i am getting a bit desparate.
Old Nov 27th 2004, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

anxious_glo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by orazone
True. But After medicals I also sent requested docs to them. As this gentleman is saying after 12 months Consulate is saying they did'nt receive his package at all. If same thing is happening to me then atleast i will be able to send them another copy and save myself some time and CAIPs might be able to provide some hint to me. Just a thought. Actually I received interview waiver thats why i am getting a bit desparate.

Excuse me?!!!! who said i was a gentleman in the first place???!!! i am a woman... a lady!

anywayz, jokes apart, it is obvious that the immigration officer overlooked the delay in receiving my fbi reports while my husband's were received. and did not intimate me on what was happening or why i didnt send my fbi reports.
now, after i inquired, the situation is made clear. the letter the officer did not mention anything about the medicals (i had contacted the office to remind them that my medicals were expiring within a month's time and i havent received anything from them as yet.) and simply asked me to send fbi reports
so what do you infer from this, andrew? can it be that they have extended my medicals and need only my fbi ??? im getting totally impatient and even tired (given it has take over 2 years since application and 1.5 years since interview waiver?