Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Processing time with interview...how much more

Processing time with interview...how much more

Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:08 am
Just Joined

flipper37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing time with interview...how much more

Hello Experts:

I have been waiting for a long time, and am running out of patience.

Here's my story:
- I applied for PR in Feb 2003;
- I received initial assesment in Jan 2004 (which informed me that an interview is required at Seattle);
- I have not heard back anything since Jan 2004.

How much do I have to wait before I hear back from CIC Seattle??? I have waited almost 22 months now and nothing has happened. Is this much wait normal?

Can someone with similar experience please their timelines with me?

dazes and confused
Jay
Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Processing time with interview...how much more

Hi flipper37,

I'am in the same situation. I applied in August 2003 and received IA in May2004 stating that an interview is required in New York. Haven't heard anything yet. I also received the medical's with my IA but was asked to wait till I hear from NY consulate. I ran out of patience last week and personaly went to the NY counsulate to enquire about my case status. I met a very helpful gentleman at the counter who checked my case status and told me that he himself is not sure why my case was so delayed. Finally, he told me to wait a couple of weeks and I should hear from them soon.
I suggest that you do the same if you can. You have nothing to loose. Also, I took the opportunity to provide updated information at this time which I hope will help in the longer run.
Good luck and keep us posted if you hear anything from Seattle.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice Geet!
I'll ask Buffalo for an update on the status of my application, and will also update my application as well. Like you said, I have nothing to lose.

I'll let you know if here back from them.

thanks
Jay

Originally Posted by Geet
Hi flipper37,

I'am in the same situation. I applied in August 2003 and received IA in May2004 stating that an interview is required in New York. Haven't heard anything yet. I also received the medical's with my IA but was asked to wait till I hear from NY consulate. I ran out of patience last week and personaly went to the NY counsulate to enquire about my case status. I met a very helpful gentleman at the counter who checked my case status and told me that he himself is not sure why my case was so delayed. Finally, he told me to wait a couple of weeks and I should hear from them soon.
I suggest that you do the same if you can. You have nothing to loose. Also, I took the opportunity to provide updated information at this time which I hope will help in the longer run.
Good luck and keep us posted if you hear anything from Seattle.
Old Nov 20th 2004, 10:49 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jay

Originally Posted by flipper37
Thanks for the advice Geet!
I'll ask Buffalo for an update on the status of my application, and will also update my application as well. Like you said, I have nothing to lose.

I'll let you know if here back from them.

thanks
Jay
It is usually about 8/10 months before the file is transferred and the interview notice is about 4 months after that. So you probably count on at least 1 year from IA to the interview, and then if you pass, the security check starts, which can take 3 months to over a year, depending where you have lived.

PMM
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

Hi flipper37,

Let me know how it goes.
All the best and hope that everyone like us waiting for an interview date recieve the same at the earliest.

Regards
Geet.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

Hi Jay

Could you tell how many points you were socored? Were you little below the passing mark? Is that why you were asked for an interview?
Does the inteview help you to boost your passing mark?

Thanks
MadHatters
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 6:33 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Interview is not called for to "boost points" as no extra points can be awarded as a result of interview.

Originally Posted by MadHatters
Hi Jay

Could you tell how many points you were socored? Were you little below the passing mark? Is that why you were asked for an interview?

Thanks
MadHatters
Old Nov 28th 2004, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Hello Madhatter:

According to the CAIP notes i have sufficient points, but the interview is being called to asses my work experience.

jay

Originally Posted by MadHatters
Hi Jay

Thanks
MadHatters
Old Nov 28th 2004, 5:11 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Because you either (1) didn't provide conclusive enough evidence with application or (2) something popped-up during verification and needs to be clarified or assessed.

Originally Posted by flipper37
Hello Madhatter:

According to the CAIP notes i have sufficient points, but the interview is being called to asses my work experience.

jay