Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Irish family in manitoba on an exploratory visit presently

Irish family in manitoba on an exploratory visit presently

Old Sep 1st 2012, 12:42 am
Just Joined

corktowinnipeg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Irish family in manitoba on an exploratory visit presently

Hello all! My hubby n I are presently in Winnipeg on an exploratory visit . Its bn gr8. Winnipeg has def won our hearts. Our interview is nxt wk tuesday with the MPNP officer....can anyone kindly advise on what sort of questions to prepare for.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:22 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Irish family in manitoba on an exploratory visit presently

Originally Posted by corktowinnipeg
Hello all! My hubby n I are presently in Winnipeg on an exploratory visit . Its bn gr8. Winnipeg has def won our hearts. Our interview is nxt wk tuesday with the MPNP officer....can anyone kindly advise on what sort of questions to prepare for.
You may want to work on the grammar if you have to write anything. I have no idea on half of what you wrote.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:30 am
Just Joined

My apologies @ Aviator. Trust me , my grammar is perfect......was just typing in short form. Here' s what I wrote earlier ..." My hubby and I are presently in Winnipeg on an exploratory visit . Its been great and Winnipeg has definately won our hearts!. Our interview is next week tuesday with the MPNP officer....can anyone kindly advise on what sort of questions we need to prepare for". Cheers.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

hi, and welcome in Manitoba .
If you have meet with potential employers, have inquired about what living will cost in Wpg and where do you want to live... If you know where your kids would go to school and what sort of recreation they can and want to do...if you know what your life will be costing here (at least roughly) including such fun things like car insurance, mortgages and what not ..and if you can convince them that you will be the right candidate as you plan on settling permanently in Wpg or MB...you should do just fine.

Do a little spreadsheet to show cost vs income...list places and info you gathered..show of collected business cards for potential employers..maybe even some info from banks about mortgages and loans for newcomers..well, show you did you homework

..and enjoy the sunshine ..keeping fingers crossed for you

Ilse
Old Sep 1st 2012, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks @ Ilse for the warm welcome to the forum. Thanks for d advice as well! Cheers.

Originally Posted by manitobain
hi, and welcome in Manitoba .
If you have meet with potential employers, have inquired about what living will cost in Wpg and where do you want to live... If you know where your kids would go to school and what sort of recreation they can and want to do...if you know what your life will be costing here (at least roughly) including such fun things like car insurance, mortgages and what not ..and if you can convince them that you will be the right candidate as you plan on settling permanently in Wpg or MB...you should do just fine.

Do a little spreadsheet to show cost vs income...list places and info you gathered..show of collected business cards for potential employers..maybe even some info from banks about mortgages and loans for newcomers..well, show you did you homework

..and enjoy the sunshine ..keeping fingers crossed for you

Ilse
Old Dec 17th 2012, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

canadian8009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by corktowinnipeg
Hello there. I'm from Winnipeg and would be happy to help if you need to know anything about the city. Just let me know