Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Advice on Work Permits and PR- Frontline Public Protection

Advice on Work Permits and PR- Frontline Public Protection

Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

josh8239 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Work Permits and PR- Frontline Public Protection

I am after some advice regarding the following:

i) As a serving police officer in the UK(9 years service), would I be able to apply under FSWP as it appears to be a Skill Level B occupation, frontline public protection occupation (Column 4)? Although I am considering a management careers within in the security/public protection industry.

ii) If I were to secure a job in a managerial/supervisory position within a related field such as security/public protection/emergency planning etc? Would I then be able to apply for a work permit/residency on receiving a job offer?

Sorry if this has been covered before, it's just a bit of a grey area?

Josh
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Work Permits and PR- Frontline Public Protection

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Originally Posted by josh8239
i) As a serving police officer in the UK(9 years service), would I be able to apply under FSWP as it appears to be a Skill Level B occupation, frontline public protection occupation (Column 4)?
Not at the moment, the only way to apply as a FSW is with a job offer as the rest of the program is on hold. However, when it reopens next year you may be able to apply *if* there is no list of required occupations (the previous one is here - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/THE_LIST-Canada).

So in a short answer, no idea at the moment! Keep an eye on the changes to the program to see if you will be eligible without a job offer next year.

Originally Posted by josh8239
ii) If I were to secure a job in a managerial/supervisory position within a related field such as security/public protection/emergency planning etc? Would I then be able to apply for a work permit/residency on receiving a job offer?
Yes, although you'd also need a LMO to apply for a TWP and then PR.

HTH, good luck.