Introduction and some questions

Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Introduction and some questions

Hi all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Canadian married to a Brit. We currently live in England with our 1 year old daughter. I am looking to send off my husbands papers the week of July 16th. I am just waiting on his police check and some final letters of support from family and friends.

According to the government website I will need to send my spousal application to the Sydney Office. Can anyone provide any insight into them? Are they notoriously slow?

I have added my proof of payment and my daughters application for citizenship as part of my application. should this be sufficient?

Barcodes! They aren't being printed off or displayed on the pdf- is this my printer/adobe acting up ? I've taken a screen shot to show what I mean.

Finally, I am seeing a lot of posts where people are being asked for additional documents from visa and immigration? if you have sent everything requested on the forms, what more do they ask for?

Cheers

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 4th 2018 at 7:43 pm. Reason: Removed large screenshot with family name and d.o.b. Personal details should be kept private.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Introduction and some questions

Originally Posted by FARAH1305
Hi all!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Canadian married to a Brit. We currently live in England with our 1 year old daughter. I am looking to send off my husbands papers the week of July 16th. I am just waiting on his police check and some final letters of support from family and friends.

According to the government website I will need to send my spousal application to the Sydney Office. Can anyone provide any insight into them? Are they notoriously slow?
That's just where Outland applications start (and not where they used to - I didn't know they'd changed the address from Mississauga). The app will be farmed out to a visa processing office in eg London, Mississauga, Ottawa, depending on random factors that probably involve workload. For an idea of recent processing times, look at the comments and spreadsheet in the London outland sponsorship tracking thread at Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London.

I have added my proof of payment and my daughters application for citizenship as part of my application. should this be sufficient?
You proof of payment needs to be included for the spousal app, yes. Presumably your child is already a citizen, and simply applying for proof? In which case that should be proof as to why they're not included as a dependent.

Finally, I am seeing a lot of posts where people are being asked for additional documents from visa and immigration? if you have sent everything requested on the forms, what more do they ask for?
Sometimes they don't like the way you've done them (eg I had 3 requests for photos, all of which met their requirements, so I just wound up recycling ones I'd already sent). Or they decide they want optional paperwork (eg a declaration of common law union isn't required for CL couples, but is often requested).
Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!

Barcodes! They aren't being printed off or displayed on the pdf- is this my printer/adobe acting up ? I've taken a screen shot to show what I mean.

Cheers
Have you spotted the wiki article on spousal sponsorship yet? It is here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...lication_Forms

Pretty much all your questions and more answered there - I would have a good read of it.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the links. i've taken a look at the wiki and it's very helpful. thought i can't find anything on missing barcodes? anyone have any ideas?
Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for the links. i've taken a look at the wiki and it's very helpful. thought i can't find anything on missing barcodes? anyone have any ideas?
Barcodes appear on validated PDF documents. If yours aren't generating you've probably missed a field somewhere (which should be highlighted in red) if they're generating but not printing you should check your printer settings and which pages you're asking it to produce.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Barcodes appear on validated PDF documents. If yours aren't generating you've probably missed a field somewhere (which should be highlighted in red) if they're generating but not printing you should check your printer settings and which pages you're asking it to produce.
See that's what weird - it says it is validating but no barcodes are being generated. i've done it with a couple of new forms. i've attached a screen shot to show what I mean.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 4th 2018 at 7:44 pm. Reason: Removed large screenshot with family name and d.o.b. You risk identity theft in putting them on the open internet
Old Jul 4th 2018, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

See that's what weird - it says it is validating but no barcodes are being generated. i've done it with a couple of new forms. i've attached a screen shot to show what I mean.
Dunno. You have copied the PDF down to your local PC drive and are completing it from there are you? I ask because if you are trying to do this in the browser plugin it often does weird things Basically always copy the PDF to your own PC and open it there I suggest..

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 4th 2018 at 7:43 pm. Reason: REmoved large screenshot with family name and d.o.b.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Dunno. You have copied the PDF down to your local PC drive and are completing it from there are you? I ask because if you are trying to do this in the browser plugin it often does weird things Basically always copy the PDF to your own PC and open it there I suggest..
not sure what was wrong. was not opening any bar codes on my computer!!! i had to redo it on my husbands - and once i did bar codes appeared so frustrating! but alas its sorted.

there are only2 forms with bar codes correct? ( imm3444 and imm0008enu)

Last edited by FARAH1305; Jul 4th 2018 at 7:50 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

there are only2 forms with bar codes correct? ( imm3444 and imm0008enu)
No. Only IMM008 generates barcodes. Other forms may have a validation facility but that's it. The barcodes allow CIC to index your application once they get it (presumably by ICR / OCR).