Information pls...

Old Jul 4th 2018, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

mazzymoo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Information pls...

Hi.
im currently applying for residential status in ontario but i have a query about the photos. Do they have to be signed on the back by an official ie. Justice of the piece ? Or do i just write my details on the back myself ?? It doesnt state on the application or guide and i dont wanna bugger it up lol
thanks
Old Jul 4th 2018, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Information pls...

Originally Posted by mazzymoo123
Hi.
im currently applying for residential status in ontario but i have a query about the photos. Do they have to be signed on the back by an official ie. Justice of the piece ? Or do i just write my details on the back myself ?? It doesnt state on the application or guide and i dont wanna bugger it up lol
thanks
The CIC photo specification I am looking at is pretty clear on this point. It says under the heading 'Notes to the photographer' that:

The back of one (1) photograph must: 
bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio 
bear the date the photograph was taken 
the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

So the photographer does all that and that's it.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 7:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.
thanks
What precisely do you mean by "residential status in Ontario"?
Old Jul 4th 2018, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

mazzymoo123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry i meant permanant resident .
Old Jul 4th 2018, 9:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry i meant permanant resident .
Thanks for clarifying. So as you mention Ontario I assume you've been nominated under the PNP there and are now applying for PR?

If so, these are the photo requirements from the OINP website -

Nominee applicants are required to submit two photos each of the applicant and each accompanying dependent. Photos must meet the following specifications:
  • Final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), showing full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.
  • Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1 7/16”).
  • The background of the photo must be white.
  • The applicant’s name and date of birth must be written on the back of each photo.
  • The photos must be placed in a small envelope and attached to the first page of the application to enclose with the applicant’s application package submission.
  • Photos that are unclear or of low-quality will not be accepted.
HTH and welcome to BE.