Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Interview for Independent Immigrant Visa

Interview for Independent Immigrant Visa

Old Nov 21st 2001, 6:13 pm
Diaspar Lynn

Hi,

It would be helpful to know about somebody experience in connection with the
interview for the Indepenten immigran Visa. What kind typical questions does the
Immigrant Officer ask? I was required to be in the interview with my fiancé, are we
gonna be interviewed together? Should I get all my papers with me at the interview?
What kind of documentation would it be helpful? We plan to get marry before moving
to Canada, but until that moment will be just a couple, would this be a problem? Are
we going to be asked to get marry in order to obtain the visa? I finished my papers
six month after my fiancé. At that moment I asked to be incorporated in her file. We
are professionals and both of us qualify for the visa. Would this represent a
problem for us?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 12:03 am
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

You will definitely be questioned as to the nature of your relationship.

You must satisify the visa officer of the following:

-intention to reside together permanently with the sponsor after being married; -you
have not become engaged primarily for the purpose of gaining admission to Canada as a
member of the family class; and -you intend to marry within 90 days after admission
to Canada.

Examples of evidence in support of the bona fides of the relationship are
correspondence, telephone bills, invitations, etc. Details of an arranged marriage
should be provided.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
the
    >
does
    >
    >
    >
We
    >
    >
    >
    >
be
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 12:18 am
Serge

Why I'm not surprized anymore...

Ingrid Chan from WebImmigration as always gives an answer completely unrelated to the
question posted.

Serge

in message

[usenetquote2]>> Hi,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> It would be helpful to know about somebody experience in connection with[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> interview for the Indepenten immigran Visa. What kind typical questions[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> the Immigrant Officer ask? I was required to be in the interview with my fiancé,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> are we gonna be interviewed together? Should I get all my papers with me at the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> interview? What kind of documentation would it be helpful?[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> plan to get marry before moving to Canada, but until that moment will be just a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> couple, would this be a problem? Are we going to be asked to get marry in order to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> obtain the visa? I finished my papers six month after my fiancé. At that moment I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> asked to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> incorporated in her file. We are professionals and both of us qualify for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> visa. Would this represent a problem for us?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> I would appreciate any help. Thank you.[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 10:16 pm
Jean Luc Picard

Hi, I'm a little confused about these answers. Could anybody help to answer some of
my questions. I would realy appreciate your help in this subject.

Regards,

P.S. We are having the interview in December. So, it'll be very helpful to know more
about the interview process. We would thanks any advice.

Thanks

Diaspar Lynn