Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

For Mr. andrew Miller , please notice

For Mr. andrew Miller , please notice

Old Nov 20th 2001, 9:54 pm
Ali Alinaghian

Hi Mr. Miller;

It is more than six months since i have completed all final steps of immigration
process, including paying of landing fee, medical examinations, obtaining police
clearance and transferring the funds but i haven't recevied the visa yet. my file is
in CHC in london.they advised me that i get the visa within 3-6 months and now it is
more than 6 months. i don't know what i have to do and i am so worried about the
visa.is there possible that they don't issue the visa ?and normally how long does
visa issuance take?

Thank you in advance and any help will be appreciated.

Ali

Old Nov 21st 2001, 2:21 am
Andrew Miller

Under normal circumstances visas are issued about 3 to 5 months from medicals (often
faster by CHC London) providing that medicals were OK and all other tasks are
completed (particularly background/security check). It looks like there is nothing
wrong with your medicals, otherwise you would have received additional requests
already a while ago. So, the only thing holding the process is most likely
background/security check - depending from countries you resided in for 6 or more
months such check may take anywhere from few months to well over a year.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 21st 2001, 4:39 am
Webimmigration.Com

Hi:

As you are most likely outside of the standard processing time, you may want to fax a
letter to CHC in London, and inquire into the status of your file.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 21st 2001, 4:41 pm
Ali Alinaghian

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi Mr. Miller;[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > It is more than six months since i have completed all final steps of immigration[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > process, including paying of landing fee, medical examinations, obtaining police[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > clearance and transferring the funds but i haven't recevied the visa yet. my file[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is in CHC in london.they advised me that i get the visa within 3-6 months and now[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > it is more than 6 months. i don't know what i have to do and i am so worried[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > about the visa.is there possible that they don't issue the visa ?and normally how[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > long does visa issuance take?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you in advance and any help will be appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Ali[/usenetquote2]
Mr. Miller;

First of all i want to thank you. as you guested i haven't recevied any additional
request at all within six months and i am resident in Iran.in your opinion should i
sent a fax to CHC?

thank you in advance, Ali

Old Nov 21st 2001, 4:56 pm
Andrew Miller

Ali,

Iran is one of those countries where background/security check may take a while. At
this stage it wouldn't hurt faxing a status request to London, although if
backround/security check is still ongoing then such fax will not get any reply.

--

../..

sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

"Ali Alinaghian" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Under normal circumstances visas are issued about 3 to 5 months from[/usenetquote2]
medicals
[usenetquote2]> > (often faster by CHC London) providing that medicals were OK and all other tasks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > are completed (particularly background/security check). It looks like there is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > nothing wrong with your medicals, otherwise you would have[/usenetquote2]
received
[usenetquote2]> > additional requests already a while ago. So, the only thing holding the[/usenetquote2]
process
[usenetquote2]> > is most likely background/security check - depending from countries you[/usenetquote2]
resided
[usenetquote2]> > in for 6 or more months such check may take anywhere from few months to[/usenetquote2]
well
[usenetquote2]> > over a year.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi Mr. Miller;[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > It is more than six months since i have completed all final steps of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > immigration process, including paying of landing fee, medical examinations,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > obtaining police clearance and transferring the funds but i haven't recevied[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the visa yet. my file is in CHC in london.they advised me that i get the visa[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > within 3-6 months and now it is more than 6 months. i don't know what i have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > do and i am so worried about the visa.is there possible that they don't issue[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the visa ?and normally how long does visa issuance take?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thank you in advance and any help will be appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Ali[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 21st 2001, 11:58 pm
F. K.

Hello Ali Aziz, What is your time line like??? How were you able to apply form Iran
to London. I am in Los Angeles and I am not sure is it better to apply from U.S or do
it from Iran. Any Input would be appreciated.

"Ali Alinaghian" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > Under normal circumstances visas are issued about 3 to 5 months from[/usenetquote2]
medicals
[usenetquote2]> > (often faster by CHC London) providing that medicals were OK and all[/usenetquote2]
other
[usenetquote2]> > tasks are completed (particularly background/security check). It looks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > there is nothing wrong with your medicals, otherwise you would have[/usenetquote2]
received
[usenetquote2]> > additional requests already a while ago. So, the only thing holding the[/usenetquote2]
process
[usenetquote2]> > is most likely background/security check - depending from countries you[/usenetquote2]
resided
[usenetquote2]> > in for 6 or more months such check may take anywhere from few months to[/usenetquote2]
well
[usenetquote2]> > over a year.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi Mr. Miller;[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > It is more than six months since i have completed all final steps of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > immigration process, including paying of landing fee, medical examinations,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > obtaining police clearance and transferring the funds but i haven't recevied[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the visa yet. my file is in CHC in london.they advised me that i get the visa[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > within 3-6 months and now it is more than 6 months. i don't know what i have to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > do and i am so worried about the visa.is there possible that they don't issue[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the visa ?and normally how long does visa issuance take?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thank you in advance and any help will be appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Ali[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 8:58 am
Hugo Zheng

I was wondered if you could, according to your experience, point us those countries,
where background/security check may take a while? any idea why?

Andrew Miller <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > > Under normal circumstances visas are issued about 3 to 5 months from[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > (often faster by CHC London) providing that medicals were OK and all[/usenetquote2]
other
[usenetquote2]> > > tasks are completed (particularly background/security check). It looks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > there is nothing wrong with your medicals, otherwise you would have[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > additional requests already a while ago. So, the only thing holding[/usenetquote2]
the
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > is most likely background/security check - depending from countries[/usenetquote2]
you
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > in for 6 or more months such check may take anywhere from few months[/usenetquote2]
to
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > over a year.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > Hi Mr. Miller;[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > It is more than six months since i have completed all final steps of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > immigration process, including paying of landing fee, medical examinations,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > obtaining police clearance and transferring the funds but i haven't recevied[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > the visa yet. my file is in CHC in[/usenetquote2]
london.they
[usenetquote2]> > > > advised me that i get the visa within 3-6 months and now it is more than 6[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > months. i don't know what i have to do and i am so worried about the visa.is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > there possible that they don't issue the visa ?and normally how long does[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > visa issuance take?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Thank you in advance and any help will be appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Ali[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 10:38 am
Andrew Miller

Entire Middle East and Northern Africa due to the political situation there, lack of
cooperation from authorities of some countries in the region and a lot of terrorist
and other shady activities there. Then all communist and former communist countries -
Eastern Europe due to the huge corruption; former Soviet Union countries due to
corruption, lack of cooperation from authorities there, mafia activity and a lot of
fake documents being submitted from there; PR China due to unwillingness of
authorities there to cooperate at almost any level; Indian Subcontinent (India,
Pakistan and other countries in the region) mostly due to the large number of fake
documents and false statements provided by applicants from there; several other
countries where current regimes are not very cooperative and countries where a lot of
crimes against humanities, ethnic cleansing, narcotics production and drug wars, etc.
were or are still taking place...

The list and reasons is really hard to define as circumstances change rather often in
many areas. Note that background/security check is conducted by Canadian security and
spy agencies, independently from the immigration authorities, with and/or without a
cooperation of proper agencies and authorities in all countries you have resided for
6 months or more. This task is to find out if you are or were at any time involved in
any criminal activity, organized crime, espionage, terrorism, war crimes, crimes
against humanity or any other activity that may pose a threat to the security of
Canada and Canadians and if you are or were a part of or working for any government
or organization involved in war crimes, human rights abuse and crimes against
humanity. As you see it is a rather difficult task in certain countries to conduct
and I think that you don't need the above explanation of some reasons behind long
process - you can assess yourself how difficult finding all those things in the
countries you resided in can be...

--

../..

sending email)

"Hugo Zheng" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > > > Under normal circumstances visas are issued about 3 to 5 months from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > medicals[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > (often faster by CHC London) providing that medicals were OK and all[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > tasks are completed (particularly background/security check). It looks[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > there is nothing wrong with your medicals, otherwise you would have[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > received[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > additional requests already a while ago. So, the only thing holding[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > process[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > is most likely background/security check - depending from countries[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > resided[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > in for 6 or more months such check may take anywhere from few months[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > well[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > over a year.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > > Hi Mr. Miller;[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > It is more than six months since i have completed all final steps of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > immigration process, including paying of landing fee, medical examinations,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > obtaining police clearance and transferring the funds but i haven't[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > recevied the visa yet. my file is in CHC in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > > > advised me that i get the visa within 3-6 months and now it is more than 6[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > months. i don't know what i have to do and i am so worried about the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > visa.is there possible that they don't issue the visa ?and normally how[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > long does visa issuance take?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > Thank you in advance and any help will be appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > > Ali[/usenetquote2]