Interview failure

Old Jun 3rd 2005, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

samkatej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview failure

Originally Posted by Redwings
The only thing that I could think of is the CIC might have verified your degree with your university and the result might have been doubtfull or did not match to what is indicated.
I live in lahore. if any one want some private information one can alway send me private message.

Thanks
Sam
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:29 pm
Expert

themask is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Interview failure

Why don't you give up the name of your college? May be someone is able to tell you exactly why your degree was not accepted. In any case you've already explained as to what might have happened with your case. You got a 3 years BCS degree. Back then it was accepted as a Bachelors degree so some of your friends were able to get the PR. Then the government changed the rules and made it compulsory for every institution to make everyone study for 4 years and then give a 4 years bachelor's degree. That's why CIC is not accepting your degree any more. As you yourself have mentioned that your college is ready to admit you for an extra 1 year course so that it can award you a 4 years bachelor's degree. It means that the degree you currently have is no longer accepted (at least by CIC). So everything is clear and there is no use of arguing with CIC. Admit yourself to the extra 1 year course, get yourself a 4 years bachelor's degree and then apply again. No offence intended. Best of luck.

-tm

Originally Posted by samkatej
I live in lahore. if any one want some private information one can alway send me private message.

Thanks
Sam
Old Jun 4th 2005, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

imagination92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Interview failure

Hi friend,.....i am also from Lahore...

As asked by many of our friends on this forum....there is no harm to mention your university/college name. it will only help someone to identify the cause of your problem which, might help you to understand what happened at Islamabad.
May Allah help everyone in their success///
College name...Please?????????????
Old Jun 5th 2005, 3:33 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

If you are a graduate from a recognized university/college,you shouldn't worry! If you are graduated from a university which issued cheap unverifiable certificates then you might run into troubles. YOu need to PM the original post for the college name (per his/her post).

Originally Posted by imagination92
Hi friend,.....i am also from Lahore...

As asked by many of our friends on this forum....there is no harm to mention your university/college name. it will only help someone to identify the cause of your problem which, might help you to understand what happened at Islamabad.
May Allah help everyone in their success///
College name...Please?????????????
Old Jun 5th 2005, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Very true, your silence is leading to suspicion.
Why don't you clear your position? Why should you want to give the name of your college and University by PM?
You are either scared of naming your college to bring bad name to it, or it is possible that you don't want to ruin the future of your other friends who were granted PR by mistake. One thing is clear there is something fishy.
If you don't open up the whole blame will lie upon you.
The requests and pleads by the participants should make you relent, if it doesnot than you should not have blamed the poor officers.
Every one knows that an Engineering/IT degree is now of 4 years, earlier it was of 5 years, but never never of 3 years(These are certificate courses which are of no substantial value academically). So even if you name the college say 'Universal College of the most advanced Sciences' carries no value. Untill you clarify the type of teaching, the work and the University it is afffliated to. I can quote thousands of so called colleges in India which are issuing bogus certificates by unknown Universities, and the name of such small colleges is so dynamic, it seems they are the best in the world.
Well I quess we have done our work and shamefully your silence has proved our doubts on the ingenuity.
Old Jun 5th 2005, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

If there was doubt or inconsistency of your documents and the CIC had identified you thru the those docs you submitted, there is a possibility that it will be tagged as fraudulent and purged and this could mean inadmissibility to Canada. Meaning that you may not be able to enter Canada anymore. I beleive that may also reflect if you travel specially to North America and Europe.

Originally Posted by samkatej

Thanks
Sam

Last edited by Redwings; Jun 5th 2005 at 2:37 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough

If there was doubt or inconsistency of your documents and the CIC had identified you thru the those docs you submitted, there is a possibility that it will be tagged as fraudulent and purged and this could mean inadmissibility to Canada. Meaning that you may not be able to enter Canada anymore. I beleive that may also reflect if you travel specially to North America and Europe.
I am sure the guy has something wrong with his degree. There are many holes in his story.

He is claiming that previously BS degree was 3 years but now goverment has changed to 4 years. But could only be done for new greduate there is no way they could invalidate old degrees which was perfectly all right and issued according to regulations of that time.

Moreover this claim about his employer send him on work assignment to UK, but in his previous posts he mentioned about going to US.

By the way is there really issue with 3 years degree???

My daughter is admited to a University in Singapore (Which is Government run) that uni is to offers Bachelors of Business Degree (Houours) in 3 years only.

Would there be any issue with this in Canada??
Old Jun 6th 2005, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

I am sure the guy has something wrong with his degree. There are many holes in his story.

He is claiming that previously BS degree was 3 years but now goverment has changed to 4 years. But could only be done for new greduate there is no way they could invalidate old degrees which was perfectly all right and issued according to regulations of that time.

Moreover this claim about his employer send him on work assignment to UK, but in his previous posts he mentioned about going to US.

My daughter is admited to a University in Singapore (Which is Government run) that uni is to offers Bachelors of Business Degree (Houours) in 3 years only.

Would there be any issue with this kind of degree in Job or futher educations?
Old Jun 6th 2005, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why would this matter if you are applying as a family and you or spouce being the principal applicant. When you get here in Canada, education acquired from somewhere else can always be evaluated to fit in their system but experience is very important when you are applying for job. I am sure there would be no problem for your daughter unless she is applying for PR on her own.

Originally Posted by Azam Ali

Would there be any issue with this in Canada??
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Why would this matter if you are applying as a family and you or spouce being the principal applicant. When you get here in Canada, education acquired from somewhere else can always be evaluated to fit in their system but experience is very important when you are applying for job. I am sure there would be no problem for your daughter unless she is applying for PR on her own.
It does not matter for immigration purpose, but just want to understand rational and how it would be treated in Canada or elsewhere for my knowledge only.
Old Jun 6th 2005, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats what I was saying. You will have to go to a credential evaluator when she comes here and you can use that to apply for a job. There are diffently patterns for different provinces. Quebec again is exceptional but they are allover the place in Ontario and BC.

I was just thinking that it maybe a good idea for you to get a prospectus of the course that your daughter would like to get and send it to the credential evaluator to the province where you want to land in Canada. That`s just making sure you`ll have eeverything you wanted.

Originally Posted by Azam Ali
It does not matter for immigration purpose, but just want to understand rational and how it would be treated in Canada or elsewhere for my knowledge only.