Interview failure

Old May 31st 2005, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

samkatej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interview failure

Today I have appeared for my personal interview at your Islamabad visa office. Visa officer refused to accept my Bachelor’s Degree of Computer science. This was like shock to me, because I have more 7 years of experience in more than 4 different organizations and couple of them are Pakistan’s most renowned organizations. I am unable to understand how come I am able to get job in these organizations if I don’t have valid Bachelors degree. And more over, my current employer sends me to UK for 4 months for maintaining there offshore software Projects, by considering my education and experience.

Secondly credit hrs of my Bachelors Degree is transferable to any Canadian university; this also validates my hrs of study.

Thirdly there are more than dozen guys from same college have applied for Canadian immigration and successfully got there case through. And this thing I have also mentioned to visa officer also. but he didnt listen to me and said that visa officer have made mistake in case of your friends.

One think i really unable to understand which is most painfull. they took 5 long to years just to let me know that i dont have valid BS degree.

this is totaly unfair

anyways thanks to all of you for kind help and guidence.
God bless you all.
Old May 31st 2005, 5:59 am
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Interview failure

Originally Posted by samkatej
Today I have appeared for my personal interview at your Islamabad visa office. Visa officer refused to accept my Bachelor’s Degree of Computer science. This was like shock to me, because I have more 7 years of experience in more than 4 different organizations and couple of them are Pakistan’s most renowned organizations. I am unable to understand how come I am able to get job in these organizations if I don’t have valid Bachelors degree. And more over, my current employer sends me to UK for 4 months for maintaining there offshore software Projects, by considering my education and experience.

Secondly credit hrs of my Bachelors Degree is transferable to any Canadian university; this also validates my hrs of study.

Thirdly there are more than dozen guys from same college have applied for Canadian immigration and successfully got there case through. And this thing I have also mentioned to visa officer also. but he didnt listen to me and said that visa officer have made mistake in case of your friends.

One think i really unable to understand which is most painfull. they took 5 long to years just to let me know that i dont have valid BS degree.

this is totaly unfair

God bless you all.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your interview. Which uni did you graduate. Is it a recognized uni?

regards

newlooks
Old May 31st 2005, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sad to know that. I suggest you to check with WES (world education services) and see whether your BS degree meets the equivalent level of those Canadian University degress. It might cost you few hundred dollars, but it is worth to get your degree evaluated so that you can request the CIC authorities to reconsider your case (if the visa officer denied your case just on the ground of your unrecognized degree).

Also try to get some letter from the university authorities saying that the students of that universities get admission for higher studies both in your country as well as abroad (here the point is if the degree is recongnized for the purpose of higher education, then it should be considered for the purpose of immigration too).

Anyway, yopu please better wait for experts opinion/response before you proceed further.

Reddy
Old May 31st 2005, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

this is totaly unfair

God bless you all.
Hi,

I am really sorry to hear that

Gina
Old May 31st 2005, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

CanadaHopefully is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sounds unfortunate and wrong.

this is totaly unfair

God bless you all.
Old May 31st 2005, 7:54 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

There are many reasons behind refusal to accept claimed degree from your part (and few other parts) of the world. Main reasons are (pick one):

- it is from non-accredited university

- it is fake

- it is original but fraudulently obtained (or purchased)

- it is original, not fake, not fraudulently obtained but has not been conclusively documented as required.

Fact that others with similar degree had no problems is irrelevant. International credentials assessment is also irrelevant, sorry.

this is totaly unfair

God bless you all.
Old May 31st 2005, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

samkatej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have talked to principal of the colleage today. he said it is valid degree. even same college is acepting my degree for further one year course to award me 4 years degree. which is fully acceptable in Canada and US. I have done 3 years full time BCS (bachlor;s of computer sciences). But now the Govt of Pakistan changed the years of BCS degree from 3 to 4. and gives the rights to my college to give degree on their behalf. previously when i have done BCS some other university give us the degree on behalf of my college. Now my college is has got the rights (Charter) to give degree thereself.

I have also talk to my principal to give me same in wirting. which he agreed.
Andrew can you think it will help now. as i had interview just a day ago.
waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Sam

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
There are many reasons behind refusal to accept claimed degree from your part (and few other parts) of the world. Main reasons are (pick one):

- it is from non-accredited university

- it is fake

- it is original but fraudulently obtained (or purchased)

- it is original, not fake, not fraudulently obtained but has not been conclusively documented as required.

Fact that others with similar degree had no problems is irrelevant. International credentials assessment is also irrelevant, sorry.
Old May 31st 2005, 11:25 pm
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have talked to principal of the colleage today. he said it is valid degree. even same college is acepting my degree for further one year course to award me 4 years degree. which is fully acceptable in Canada and US. I have done 3 years full time BCS (bachlor;s of computer sciences). But now the Govt of Pakistan changed the years of BCS degree from 3 to 4. and gives the rights to my college to give degree on their behalf. previously when i have done BCS some other university give us the degree on behalf of my college. Now my college is has got the rights (Charter) to give degree thereself.

I have also talk to my principal to give me same in wirting. which he agreed.
Andrew can you think it will help now. as i had interview just a day ago.
waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Sam

Hi,

is your college is authorized to give degree from University High Commission?
If NOT then Islamabad office will not accept it as there r so many colleges issuing degree. BTW what is the name of your college

Regards

newlooks
Old May 31st 2005, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

what is the name of your college ?
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:12 am
Red pill or Blue Pill?

GOBLIN will become famous soon enoughGOBLIN will become famous soon enough

Very sorry to hear about the refusal. I feel your pain!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

this is totaly unfair

God bless you all.
Very sad to hear of the news, I will call it cruelity on you.
Why should two of your friends be allowed to proceed on the simple pretext of error in verification of degrees? How come they woke up in your case?
I strongly feel that you should go to your college and ask them to send an official letter to CHC Islamabad, about the reputation of the college and about the allumni of the college. How well they are placed in the organisations etc. This is not a joke only on you but your college/university.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 12:05 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samon
Very sad to hear of the news, I will call it cruelity on you.
Why should two of your friends be allowed to proceed on the simple pretext of error in verification of degrees? How come they woke up in your case?
I strongly feel that you should go to your college and ask them to send an official letter to CHC Islamabad, about the reputation of the college and about the allumni of the college. How well they are placed in the organisations etc. This is not a joke only on you but your college/university.
I wish u luck for ur future and hope the things will turn good for u....
Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

samon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amancharan
I wish u luck for ur future and hope the things will turn good for u....
Thank you Amybaby..I would surely need a lot of that. Take care
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

salgavkar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Sam,
Sorry to hear that. So which university did u go to and what year? Perhaps, others who have the same background as you and are still in the pipeline may join you in finding ways to deal with this situation.

Salgavkar.

this is totaly unfair

God bless you all.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing that I could think of is the CIC might have verified your degree with your university and the result might have been doubtfull or did not match to what is indicated.

this is totaly unfair

God bless you all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.