International Experience Canada

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Originally Posted by poubelle
thanks so much! i'd feel happier them signing off my savings account. As soon as it hits my current out I'm off to Topshop!! Nightmare. I haven't seen many people deal with Abbey about this...I might pop in and see if they require me making an appoint. Play it nice first, then after that play a bit meaner. I don't see why it should be a problem!
Modern day banking... All they really care about is selling you accounts... There was this one guy at my bank once who was ridiculously helpful... Would have saved a lot of hassle if he'd been there the day I went to get my POF signed... Or the day I paid the £90... That day was a nightmare...

"how much do you want to send?"
"£90 sterling"
"okay, we'll automatically translate that into euro's"
"It specifically says not to on the application"
"ok, sterling it is".

Bearing in mind, she had already read the email... She seemed to glance over the bit about charges as well...

Originally Posted by poubelle
I send my original police cert, yeah? Do I ever get it back?! I mean, just because I'm paying for it at all...I don't want it as such, but...you never know!! haha!
As far as I'm aware, you don't get it back. I paid the extra for the premium service and also the extra £5 for an additional copy... I received my police cert on 17/01. Think I only sent the app away on the 12/01.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:50 am
Just Joined

jehstr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following another board for Rep of Ireland Citizens applying to the same Canadian WHP.. Someone posted who received their 'Letter of Introduction' yesterday. He said his App was in London for exactly 3 weeks.

Lets hope they start rolling in!!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jehstr
I have been following another board for Rep of Ireland Citizens applying to the same Canadian WHP.. Someone posted who received their 'Letter of Introduction' yesterday. He said his App was in London for exactly 3 weeks.

Thanks for posting that jehstr! fingers crossed for everyone! going to be checking emails more and more now
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

CANorBUST is an unknown quantity at this point

I have received the email saying they received my payment but it has been 7 working days and I haven't received an email saying it has been sent to London. Anyone else? Should I be worried?
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Craig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig1987 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jehstr

Great... Mine was sent to london on 07/02... While it might not necessarily mean that I'm going to get my letter of introduction in the next week, it does fill me with hope... You've just made my day.

Originally Posted by CANorBUST
I have received the email saying they received my payment but it has been 7 working days and I haven't received an email saying it has been sent to London. Anyone else? Should I be worried?
That doesn't sound too good... I got my "first evaluation phase completed" email three days after my "proof of payment received" email...

Have you double checked your spam folder? I use Hotmail, and sometimes I'll randomly find emails in my spam folder, despite the fact that emails from the same contact have been in my inbox before. Spam filters can just be a little random sometimes.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough

hi all this has probably been covered in this thread already somewhere but so much to read through or double check

finally got lloyds tsb to do mine, after the lady went off and spoke with her "procedures" hotline then came back to tell me this is a one off and they dont normally do it yabba yabba yabba!

anyway form looks fine they have stamped and signed it although in the "we the undersigned.......... certify that....???"

they have write LLOYDS TSB. Is that okay or does it need to be a bank staffs actual name?

already had my application returned once because of POF so just want to be covered in all bases
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

britishcobra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BobbyN
hi all this has probably been covered in this thread already somewhere but so much to read through or double check

finally got lloyds tsb to do mine, after the lady went off and spoke with her "procedures" hotline then came back to tell me this is a one off and they dont normally do it yabba yabba yabba!

anyway form looks fine they have stamped and signed it although in the "we the undersigned.......... certify that....???"

they have write LLOYDS TSB. Is that okay or does it need to be a bank staffs actual name?

already had my application returned once because of POF so just want to be covered in all bases
mine just said the banks name and it was fine and has been sent to london so I wuldn't worry about it
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BobbyN

RBS did the same thing to mine. I was worried about it, but there weren't any problems with my application. FYI, i'm at the last stage waiting for my "letter of introduction" so unless mine was accepted by mistake, yours should be fine too.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

BobbyN will become famous soon enoughBobbyN will become famous soon enough

cheers as always guys - everything else on the POF looks fine including the stamps im going to make a colour copy of it just incase
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Craig1987;9196192]Great... Mine was sent to london on 07/02... While it might not necessarily mean that I'm going to get my letter of introduction in the next week, it does fill me with hope... You've just made my day.

you lovely people! mine was sent the same day! can't wait!!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by justin_h
you lovely people! mine was sent the same day! can't wait!!!!
Three cheers for us...

Can't wait to take my first steps on Canadian soil... Or to be more accurate, Canadian runway.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craig1987
Three cheers for us...

Can't wait to take my first steps on Canadian soil... Or to be more accurate, Canadian runway.
haha! i've already quit my job! last day is march 30th! i want to book a flight out for first week of april but just waiting for the confirmation to come through then i'm outta here! when you thinking of leaving?

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

haha! i've already quit my job! last day is march 30th! i want to book a flight out for first week of april but just waiting for the confirmation to come through then i'm outta here! when you thinking of leaving?

On the first available flight when I get my confirmation letter... Or one shortly after. I finished up at work in january (assuming that the application process would be a lot quicker.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Mr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really niceMr. Numbers is just really nice

Ditto me! Last day at work March 25th, flight to Vancouver March 27th. Sort of a calculated risk, as if this application all goes wrong I can just use it as a holiday, book a flight back and (hopefully) walk back into work...
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 2:15 pm
Travelbug

poubelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Little Blue
It's what you pay once you get the 'conditional acceptance' email.
Ahh, I was worried you had to pay £100 (or whatever the currency converts as) twice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.