International Experience Canada

Old Feb 12th 2011, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

kiis102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

just noticed I didn't date the back of my pictures, don't think the old photo page thing said to date the back??. I hope It's ok
Old Feb 12th 2011, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

kimmiebow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Third6
Unacceptable POF's. I used money in bonds which isn't classed as "available funds." How about yourself?
had the second page of the iec delaration missing.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 8:52 am
Just Joined

ads9888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

Short intro: Applying for a Visa with a mate, hoping to go to Vancouver in March for 6 months.

Couple of questions.

Has anyone actually completed the whole process succesfully and been accepted? - If so, how long did it take from the moment you transferred the payment for the Visa?

2nd question - My friend sent his Visa application about 4 days ago, however only yesterday realised he forgot to send the certificate along with his application. What are his options? Should he wait for it to be rejected, or should he just send another full application form (possibly with a cover letter explaining the situation)? He has an extra police certificate as he bought 2 on the initial police certificate application.

As I'm sure is the case with most of you, time is of the essence, so waiting for it to be rejected is not the preferred option. However, we're not sure whether sending another Visa application could somehow end up being rejected as they would then have two applications from the same person (albeit one that will 100% be rejected).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by ads9888; Feb 14th 2011 at 9:14 am.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:24 am
Just Joined

stizzyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emma_h
britishcobra

I sorted out my payment today with HSBC.
I went into the bank and the man at the counter took me to the desk to sort it out, however he said it can also be done online.
There seemed to be two different options for wiring the money through HSBC. One seemed to be for countries in the EU and costs about £9, however this did not seem to let me sent the money in GBP.
I tried the other option which was more expensive (about £30), i think this method is used more for wiring money to Countries outside of Europe. Anyway it seemed to work ok, however it would not let me select the option to make all the payments charged to me (the sender), the option I selected was 'sender to pay HSBC Bank (UK) charges only'.
I think this will be ok judging from mjay7's post about how the "BRED Banque Populaire in Paris does not charge a fee for accepting a Participation Fee Payment through the IEC".
The man at the bank also entered my details (name, date of birth and ID number) into the 'message for beneficiary' part of the form.
He then printed out two copies of the completed form, i signed one and he kept it and i took the other one home. I also signed this one before scanning it in just to make sure!
I scanned it in as a JPEG, opened up the file then went to file - print, then there should be an option PDF, I then selected 'save as PDF' and saved it onto my desktop. (Im using a mac so it may be a little different if you are using windows...).
In your conditional acceptance e-mail there should be a link to the online form which you fill in and then attach you PDF file!
Hope this helps!!
Hi Emma,

I would double check your charges with HSBC, as I did mine online through them and it was £17. The two prices for Europe are £9 if you transfer in Euros and £17 if you transfer in another currency (eg. GBP). So if you have been charged £30 then you've been charged too much!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ads9888
Hello all,

Short intro: Applying for a Visa with a mate, hoping to go to Vancouver in March for 6 months.

Couple of questions.

Has anyone actually completed the whole process succesfully and been accepted? - If so, how long did it take from the moment you transferred the payment for the Visa?

2nd question - My friend sent his Visa application about 4 days ago, however only yesterday realised he forgot to send the certificate along with his application. What are his options? Should he wait for it to be rejected, or should he just send another full application form (possibly with a cover letter explaining the situation)? He has an extra police certificate as he bought 2 on the initial police certificate application.

As I'm sure is the case with most of you, time is of the essence, so waiting for it to be rejected is not the preferred option. However, we're not sure whether sending another Visa application could somehow end up being rejected as they would then have two applications from the same person (albeit one that will 100% be rejected).

im not sure if anyone has got theres back yet.

i kinda want to know that my sself.

id wait for the rejection to come back. they send it back in a couple days(i got rejected first time)

and you get your police check back
Old Feb 14th 2011, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Third6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really niceThird6 is just really nice

Hello all,

Couple of questions.

I got mine back in about a week of receiving the rejection email. I would wait until he at least gets the email saying his application is being returned then he could send a new one, that way his old one would be on it's way back so no chance of them having two applications from the same person.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Third6
I got mine back in about a week of receiving the rejection email. I would wait until he at least gets the email saying his application is being returned then he could send a new one, that way his old one would be on it's way back so no chance of them having two applications from the same person.
but if you did this and it got rejected for another reason they they wouldnt know.

then it would be waiting longer for the next one to come back.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

emma_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stizzyb
Hi Emma,

I would double check your charges with HSBC, as I did mine online through them and it was £17. The two prices for Europe are £9 if you transfer in Euros and £17 if you transfer in another currency (eg. GBP). So if you have been charged £30 then you've been charged too much!
Thats a bit of a shame, surely it should be the same price online or in the bank! Just keep throwing money at this application form like!!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

mansfield250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emma_h
Thats a bit of a shame, surely it should be the same price online or in the bank! Just keep throwing money at this application form like!!
Did you send it as urgent? i sent my payment through Natwest as urgent 1-2 days and it was £27

Dont worry about throwing money at your application, i have already spent too much! spent a small fortune sending it next day to Paris!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mansfield250
Did you send it as urgent? i sent my payment through Natwest as urgent 1-2 days and it was £27

Dont worry about throwing money at your application, i have already spent too much! spent a small fortune sending it next day to Paris!
it gets there in 2 days with £2.19. i objected to them telling me £31 next day.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

justin_h is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Just a quick query. I've pretty much done everything now. I've applied with Bunac (god knows why as i dont even understand what that £250 is for) but i did.

Anyway, I have sent everything off to France, got my confirmation Email - sent off the payment to them, sent off the proof of the payment and recieved an email last week saying its been sent off to London for the 2nd phase.

Is this when the 8 weeks countdown starts? I've handed my notice in for work for the 30th March as I'm wanting to fly the first week of April...

Can anyone give me a clue of what happens next please?

Justin
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mansfield250

Don't think I sent it urgent, the man at the bank didn't give me the option, said it would take about 3 days. Don't understand why it is so expensive, never wired money before! Im in a bit of a rush to get it through but also trying to save every penny I earn for when I leave!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by justin_h
Hi Guys,

Just a quick query. I've pretty much done everything now. I've applied with Bunac (god knows why as i dont even understand what that £250 is for) but i did.

Anyway, I have sent everything off to France, got my confirmation Email - sent off the payment to them, sent off the proof of the payment and recieved an email last week saying its been sent off to London for the 2nd phase.

Is this when the 8 weeks countdown starts? I've handed my notice in for work for the 30th March as I'm wanting to fly the first week of April...

Can anyone give me a clue of what happens next please?

Justin

Im in a similar situation as you, would also like to know this... Im pretty sure the process time starts from when your application reaches London. Is it defiantly 8 weeks? When I received an e-mail confirming that they had my application it said that the processing time for my file is 6 weeks. Im guessing its different for different applicants?

Iv given my notice for work stating that i will leave on the 21st of April, already booked my flights to Canada for the 25th but worried that something might go wrong with my application and I wont get my letter of introduction in time!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

ads9888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies!

Turns out my mate sent another application off this afternoon, so we'll see what happens.

My application however was received in France this morning and am now waiting for the prompt to wire the payment.

Is it unrealistic to hope that we'll be able to go to Canada in 1 month from now - 14th March? (i.e. 4 weeks from when my application was received)

Once again, any help would be appreciated.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies!

Turns out my mate sent another application off this afternoon, so we'll see what happens.

My application however was received in France this morning and am now waiting for the prompt to wire the payment.

Is it unrealistic to hope that we'll be able to go to Canada in 1 month from now - 14th March? (i.e. 4 weeks from when my application was received)

Once again, any help would be appreciated.
No one knows for sure but I would say it's very unlikely!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.