Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

International Company - LMO Question.

International Company - LMO Question.

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:29 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default International Company - LMO Question.

Hello.

I am reading through the Labour Market Opinion Analysis handbook at
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaces...modir-14.shtml

and one of the paragraphs states:
14.1 Determining if Recruitment is Necessary

In each situation, TFWP officers ask themselves whether recruitment is required for a position. As a general rule, employers must demonstrate efforts to recruit Canadians or permanent residents first; however, there are some exceptions:
[...]

* When the position is with an international organization or the mission of a foreign government and is not exempt under Section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
I am a little confused by that. The company that is looking at me is definately an international company with offices in Switzerland, canada, the UK, the USA and so on. Would that imply they do nto even have to ask for an LMO or does this mean that the Employer does not need to prove that they put in adequat effort to hire a Canadian resident but all other criteria apply such as wage, working conditions and so on?

Thank you.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:00 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Company - LMO Question.

It is about international organization (UN, Unicef, Red Cross, etc, etc..), not about a business or company with international locations.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:04 am
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Re: International Company - LMO Question.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is about international organization (UN, Unicef, Red Cross, etc, etc..), not about a business or company with international locations.
Thank you, I appreciate the clarification . The wording was what threw me off, I did not expect this to be affecting me in any way.

Thank you Mister Miller, very helpful as usual.