Fast track PR from inside Canada

Old Sep 30th 2008, 4:52 am
Just Joined

gee398 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fast track PR from inside Canada

I am currently working in BC on a 2 year TWP obtained through LMO. I have applied for permanent residency through the hopefully fast tracked process by sending my application to London and asking if they will consider fast tracking it with the points and permanent job offer i have.
My application was received in london 3 weeks ago and i don't know what happens next?, should i receive a confirmation letter or code so i can track my application on the CIC website.
I realize 3 weeks is a very short time in the probable duration of the process and i'm certainly not worried about it, but would like to hear any advice on what i can or should expect to happen next from anyone who has used this application route..
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast track PR from inside Canada

Originally Posted by gee398
I am currently working in BC on a 2 year TWP obtained through LMO. I have applied for permanent residency through the hopefully fast tracked process by sending my application to London and asking if they will consider fast tracking it with the points and permanent job offer i have.
My application was received in london 3 weeks ago and i don't know what happens next?, should i receive a confirmation letter or code so i can track my application on the CIC website.
I realize 3 weeks is a very short time in the probable duration of the process and i'm certainly not worried about it, but would like to hear any advice on what i can or should expect to happen next from anyone who has used this application route..
You should receive a AOR - then get a request for meds but think that the AOR can take a month or so.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to beholdArrona is a splendid one to behold

usually it takes 4-5 weeks for them just to open letters.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:39 pm
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

I'm in a similar situation to you:

Application signed for: April 16th
Application opened: July 25th

Still waiting to hear from them now.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

By fast track expect 6 months to a year for the process to be finalised. I'm not sure when you received your 2 year TWP, but be wary that you don't allow your TWP to expire before a decision is made on your PR.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kiton6
By fast track expect 6 months to a year for the process to be finalised. I'm not sure when you received your 2 year TWP, but be wary that you don't allow your TWP to expire before a decision is made on your PR.
well, if your TWP expires but you have received the extension, just send a notarized copy( or a simple copy) to the Embassy, so they know you are still in Canada in a legal position
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:09 am
Just Joined

gee398 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses, my TWP is good until April 2010, which still gives me around 18 months. I was lead to believe a fast tracked application could take around a year and am hoping this will be case with my application!!, but will obviously keep it in mind as that date approaches.
I may just apply for a new TWP nearer the time if things look like they may be delayed for any reason.
There is no restriction on how many i can have right?
At what point will i be able to track my application online and does this give me any guideline of how long it may take? Also what is the AOR an abbreviation for?
Many thanks,,,
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fast track PR from inside Canada

Last edited by SarahBC; Oct 1st 2008 at 1:57 am. Reason: Posted twice by mistake
Old Oct 1st 2008, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fast track PR from inside Canada

Thanks for the responses, my TWP is good until April 2010, which still gives me around 18 months. I was lead to believe a fast tracked application could take around a year and am hoping this will be case with my application!!, but will obviously keep it in mind as that date approaches.
I may just apply for a new TWP nearer the time if things look like they may be delayed for any reason.
There is no restriction on how many i can have right?
At what point will i be able to track my application online and does this give me any guideline of how long it may take? Also what is the AOR an abbreviation for?
Many thanks,,,
Hi there,

If you look back/search for previous posts on Fast Track PR, you'll see there's wild variation in how quickly 'fast-track' applications are handled.

I haven't seen anything on the CIC webside that gives you any guidelines as to how long your specific application will take. I don't think that the CIC website currently acknowledges that there is a fast-track; it's information from this forum that has made people currently working in Canada follow this process.

By the way, your application status should appear on this link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/aut...te.do?app=ecas

However, it could enigmatically say "In Process" for the very long time - and some never get updated!

As previous posters have said, don't let your TWP status expiry in Canada. I think your PR should be resolved within 18 months, but if it's getting close, start the process to renew it.

I don't know if there's a limit on how many TWPs you can obtain. A former colleague was told she could have one TWP permit and then one renewal - then apply for PR. They told her it wasn't an indefinite thing being here on a TWP.

AOR stands for Acknowledgement of Receipt (of PR application). I never received one. There's a thread on this:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561467

Here's my (non representative) timeline for Fast Track PR so far:

Sent Full PR Application to London 12 April 2008

Received Medical Requests 9 May 2008

Medicals in Campbell River, BC 3 Jun 2008

Sent extra info/common law form/additional family info forms 30 June 2008

Medical Couriered to London 2 July 2008

Passports Request 29 August 2008

Passports Couriered to London 30 August 2008

Passports Entered Black Hole 1 September 2008

Reading other Fast-Track experiences, it's totally random on how fast your Fast-Track really is (sorry WelshChem). Make sure you follow the information on the Fast-Track PR Wiki.

All the best,

Sarah
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

you can have easily a 3 years period of TWP I guess...After this period will be tougher getting the extention because CIC supposes that this time-limit exceeds the ''temporary'' need of your employer.
Anyway renew your visa if nothing happens for the expiring date.
I am in this position right now...my TWP is expiring in a couple of weeks and I applied for the extention.
Likely I won't get any reply for the expiring date, but I hope I will get it.
Then just send the papers to the Embassy right away
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

stonemason4 has a spectacular aura aboutstonemason4 has a spectacular aura aboutstonemason4 has a spectacular aura about

Hello

We have been in Canada since 2003 on a TWP and had in renewed twice. We applied for PR in March 2008. Our Meds request came in May. Then we got our visa in August.

Cheers

Steve
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stonemason4
Hello

We have been in Canada since 2003 on a TWP and had in renewed twice. We applied for PR in March 2008. Our Meds request came in May. Then we got our visa in August.

Cheers

Steve
really fast!!!
5 months...Wow
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Fast track application submitted five months ago, and no AOR as yet. I'm hoping they're just getting on with it. (I've lived in a few different countries, so expect a slightly longer than average processing time.)