Immigration agents/lawyers

Old Jul 26th 2017, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Crossthwaite90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration agents/lawyers

Hi. I will try and keep a long story short. We were meant to go to Canada last year for a year on IEC to get a feel for Canada and spend some time with our family out there. We have 2 children husband had his IEC kids had ETAs and I was awaiting the confirmation of my IEC. In the meantime i applied for an ETA just incase my IEC wasn't confirmed before we left. I was deemed inadmissible for a driving offence that happened earlier in the year. Never in a million years did I think it would make me inadmissible. We had our travel/health insurance, flights, ended the tenancy on our rental had our family get us a car and it was all thrown up in the air my husband's boss even knew we were leaving and he'd been working every hour he could get for us to go. I wasn't even allowed to go on holiday. Now since then more of our family have moved to Canada we have another baby on the way and It's breaking my heart being here now.

My driving offences are as follows
- careless driving
- driving without due car and attention
- failure to report
- failure to stop

I get these sound serious and I wish an immigration officer could give me the chance to explain. I was 38 weeks pregnant when this happened. I couldn't afford a solicitor at the time (just spent a whole months wages on baby stuff). I was advised it was in my best interest to plead guilty and pay a fine (which is all I got) so as I could get this out of the way before the baby was born (complicated pregnancy and a lot of stress).

The accident happened at 30 weeks pregnant. My son had climbed out of his car seat in the back and jumped in the front of the car as I reversed out of a parking space. I scraped the car beside me but I didn't get out to check . From my point of view it looked like nothing (yes I understand I should of stopped it isn't like me) but the car behind me had began moving into the space i had just pulled out of and I drove on. I was really distressed and I was still trying to fight my son into his seat. I pulled over up the road and phoned my husband who also said if I didn't see any damage not to get too hung up on it happens all the time (bad advice). The person who had pulled into my space reported me. The police came to the door and I told them exactly what happened that it had been tearing me up that I didn't stop and I am more than happy to pay for all the damage. Which I did. They advised that was all the couple wanted they had no interest in taking it further. A month later I got a letter to say the police were taking me to court for the 4 convictions. I had a week to sort out a solicitor and no money so I went and done it myself and they hit me with every thing.

My whole life has been put on hold for an accident that sounds so much worse for my convictions than it actually was and I now am desperately seeking an immigration lawyer that can help me out. I understand people think they are a waste of money and can probably see why I was deemed inadmissible. Looking at my convictions it's obvious. But it really was such a small accident and I seeker legal advice after my son was born and I was feeling back to myself and they told me I should never have plead guilty and if I'd gotten a solicitor I wouldn't have got 3 out of 4 of them but there was nothing I could do now. Please any advice, help, suggestions for immigration lawyers would be greatly appreciated !

Sorry that post ended up a lot longer than I intended. I'm from the UK by the way. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration agents/lawyers

Stuff on immigration consultants / lawyers here:

Immigration Consultants-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Old Jul 26th 2017, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration agents/lawyers

You would be found inadmissible due to the failing stop at the scene of an accident as per para 252(1) of the criminal code of Canada and punishable under 252(1)(1.1) of the same code
(1.1) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) in a case not referred to in subsection (1.2) or (1.3) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

As it states indictable offence in the sentencing thats what makes you inadmissible regardless of even tried by summary conviction.

You are not eligible for individual rehabilitation as 5 years has not passed since the completion of any sentence imposed so the only way you would be admitted is by applying for a Temporary Resident Permit which is not guaranteed.

Overcome criminal convictions