IM0008 - help please

Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

lozzyblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IM0008 - help please

Ok, So I need some help already... Q3 of IM0008...

'How many family members including you are in this application?'

I am Canadian, sponsoring my husband so my first thought is 2 but do I need to include our 3 children on the application as they are citizens by descent?

I fear this is just the first of many questions so apologies in advance
Old Nov 18th 2011, 6:01 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IM0008 - help please

Hi

Originally Posted by lozzyblue
Ok, So I need some help already... Q3 of IM0008...

'How many family members including you are in this application?'

I am Canadian, sponsoring my husband so my first thought is 2 but do I need to include our 3 children on the application as they are citizens by descent?

I fear this is just the first of many questions so apologies in advance
The answer is one. You are only sponsoring your spouse.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The answer is one. You are only sponsoring your spouse.
thanks for replying but I really am confused. Although I am only sponsoring my husband everything we read on the paperwork says to include all dependants on the application...?

Oh god, I'm finding this confusing!! Please tell me I'm not the only one??
Old Nov 21st 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Moondoggy is an unknown quantity at this point

If your children are citizens by decent then they don't need sponsoring.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for replying but I really am confused. Although I am only sponsoring my husband everything we read on the paperwork says to include all dependants on the application...?

Oh god, I'm finding this confusing!! Please tell me I'm not the only one??

I had trouble with that one too. Though found out what Moondoggy and PMM have told you is correct :sunglasses: In the final stages of form filling!!!
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by merylbaz
I had trouble with that one too. Though found out what Moondoggy and PMM have told you is correct :sunglasses: In the final stages of form filling!!!
Thank goodness - in the nicest possible way!

Thank you for reassuring me that I'm not alone in finding all of this confusing!

When are you hoping to send the paperwork? I'm hoping to have hubby's police report back by end of next week and his medicals are this week

Ideally I would like to post before end of the month.

Do people send by registered post do you know?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank goodness - in the nicest possible way!

Thank you for reassuring me that I'm not alone in finding all of this confusing!

When are you hoping to send the paperwork? I'm hoping to have hubby's police report back by end of next week and his medicals are this week

Ideally I would like to post before end of the month.

Do people send by registered post do you know?
I am sponsoring my OH, and my daughters are citizens by desent, sent off for their cards
We have got hubbys Police report and he had medical last week, just waiting for the blood test results, and hoping to finish filling out the forms this weekend, such a long slog and very confusing
Definately sending them registered post
Old Nov 27th 2011, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by merylbaz
I am sponsoring my OH, and my daughters are citizens by desent, sent off for their cards
We have got hubbys Police report and he had medical last week, just waiting for the blood test results, and hoping to finish filling out the forms this weekend, such a long slog and very confusing
Definately sending them registered post
We now have everything we need so today we will mostly be checking paperwork and supporting docs so may have a few questions throughout the day!

Regarding IM0008 (prinicipal applicant - the one with the barcodes!) On the current address section I need to fill in 'from' and 'to' dates - as it's our current address and will be here indefinitely what date do I put?? I have to put a date otherwise it won't validate but if I was handwriting it I would probably just write 'present'...

Probably a totally silly question which I am overthinking but don't want to have the application sent back over something small!

TIA
Old Nov 27th 2011, 11:57 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

We now have everything we need so today we will mostly be checking paperwork and supporting docs so may have a few questions throughout the day!

Regarding IM0008 (prinicipal applicant - the one with the barcodes!) On the current address section I need to fill in 'from' and 'to' dates - as it's our current address and will be here indefinitely what date do I put?? I have to put a date otherwise it won't validate but if I was handwriting it I would probably just write 'present'...

Probably a totally silly question which I am overthinking but don't want to have the application sent back over something small!

TIA
We got a bit stumped at that question too.

We just put the current date of the day we were filling out the forms. Same goes for the employment question. You can't put a future date as things can change, but history cannot ;-)
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Slightly hijacking thread...

Mad as this may seem, we are now trying PNP as an alternative route to FSW - mainly because of our uncertainty with points, not that we think it will necessarily be any faster.

Anyway - we are now filling in the new improved IMM 0008 online and having technical issues.

We can't fill in the dates for previous country of residence in the past five years - it just won't allow entry. Same problem for when last entered Canada. Anyone else had these issues?

Frustrating, but oddly it allows me to validate so I guess I can handwrite them in afterwards?

It's the same issue on the additional dependants forms linked to this.

Also, it doesn't seem to have Great Britain or United Kingdom as countries (though it does have British Citizen) - I've had to use Scotland and England (hence have to complete previous country of residence.... grrr). Passport was issued by United Kingdom of GB and NI, not England?? Am I missing something?