Application confusion

Old Dec 17th 2011, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Application confusion

My spouse is a Canadian Citizen who lives in Canada. i am a Brirish ciezen who livesa in the Uk.

We have been led to believe (by different soursec) that my wife sponsoring me would be the best way for us to live and work together in Canada.

However, since I have started to go through the application form on the website I have become a little confused as to how many different application routes there with regard to my gaining residence in Canada.

For example, I beleiveed that I would complete the application process and then post my documents to my partner inCanda who would then add her part of the documents to the overall application, she would then be the oen to send off the fully completed application to the visa authorities.

However, I stumbled aon another webpage that appears to suggest another application route (?!)

This webpage outlines a hierachy of weblinks:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ions/index.asp

From here I see a heading called:

"Visa and immigration applications

If you are applying from outside Canada"

There are three options under here...

1. Come to Canada temporarily
2. Immigrate to Canada permanently
3. Sponsor your family

At the moment I am going to persue with my spouse sponsering me....

However but under the weblink option 2 " Immigrate to Canada permanently" and then Family Class -----there is a webpage called "Applying as a Member of the Family Class" WhenI click on "London" weblink it shows that I should send my documents and application to the London Visa office!

Again i'm confused, is this a atotally different application process and if so, is this method quicker?

It seems to me that there are two rotues

Family Class (parents, grandparents, adopted children and other family members).

Sponsor your family -Spouse, Common-Law or Conjugal Partner and Dependent Children

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Confused.

Please help!!!

Sorry for the long message, hopefully an experienced and/or knowledgeable individual can help me with this.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Application confusion

What you would have seen when you clicked through the London visa office link was details of sponsoring parents, grandparents, etc. Spousal sponsorship belongs to the family class so it's strange and (evidently) misleading that they show these things in separate sections like that - anyway, there aren't two options for you, only one I'm afraid.

You will submit your application to Mississauga and they will assess your spouse for eligibility to sponsor you. They then pass the file to your local visa office, which will be London, for them to deal with the rest of the application. The only time you'll deal directly with London is arranging for the visa to be inserted into your passport, as far as I'm aware.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:44 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the section of the CIC's website that deals with sponsorship of spouses. It is all there. Everything that you need to do is done "up front" including the medical examination. That is unique to spousal applications.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deficient
What you would have seen when you clicked through the London visa office link was details of sponsoring parents, grandparents, etc. Spousal sponsorship belongs to the family class so it's strange and (evidently) misleading that they show these things in separate sections like that - anyway, there aren't two options for you, only one I'm afraid.
Just to clarify, there *are* two options for Spousal Sponsorship, hence the two different routes on the link above. There is an 'outland' application (which is sent to Mississauga), or an 'inland' application (which used to be sent to Vegreville, but I have a vague recollection this now goes to Mississauga too). They are quite different, as are the processing times for each.

This Wiki page gives more info, the outland is usually the recommended route, but this will give the OP an overview of both routes and the pros and cons of each of them.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa...sorship-Canada

Old Dec 18th 2011, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Argh, sorry for causing any further confusion! I had completely forgotten about that Outland vs Inland distinction! I guess that explains why they'd have them in separate sections, which totally puzzled me too. I also took it as given that the threadstarter would go outland in their position, not realising that was what they were basically asking about.

I had best just pipe down and let the experts do the talking in future.

Good luck with your application skytra, I'll be submitting my application myself soon (outland!)
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

skytra7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for clearing up the confusion, that's helped a lot (and I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes in the OP). I'm doing the outbound application.