ignore the notice?

Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:22 pm
atm
Just Joined

atm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ignore the notice?

Mr. Miller et.al.

Please advise me on what to do with the notice I received about the class action lawsuit. since our friends here say that my application won't be affected with the ongoing draft settlement agreement, is it okay to just ignore the notice? there are deadlines for objections and the opt-out forms that's why I'm asking. thanks in advance.

atm
Old Nov 27th 2004, 4:48 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ignore the notice?

Notice has been mailed to almost all applicants with still pending cases, regardless if they are affected by proposed settlement or not. You didn't tell anything about your case, thus I can't even guess if it affects you or not and what to do with it, if anything.

Originally Posted by atm
Mr. Miller et.al.

Please advise me on what to do with the notice I received about the class action lawsuit. since our friends here say that my application won't be affected with the ongoing draft settlement agreement, is it okay to just ignore the notice? there are deadlines for objections and the opt-out forms that's why I'm asking. thanks in advance.

atm
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:08 am
atm
Just Joined

atm is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr. Miller,

Thanks for the reply. Let me tell you about our application...
We applied in July 2001 and got our acknowledgment of receipt the same month, passed the interview last october 2004 and finished our medicals a week after. I believe we are in the process of waiting for passport request since we haven't received any notice for re-examination for more than a month now. That's the reason why I asked if it's okay to just ignore the notice they sent. What about the objection and the opt-out deadlines? Thanks.

atm
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:26 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

In such circumstances you are not affected by proposed settlement - your case will most likely be concluded by the time Minister will make decision to accept or reject proposed settlement.

The other matters like opting out - it is not the matter for immigration practitioners to advise you on and you need to talk to a lawyer experienced in litigation and settlements to find out what your legal options and consequences may be, if any. This part has nothing to do with immigration law.

Originally Posted by atm
Mr. Miller,

Thanks for the reply. Let me tell you about our application...
We applied in July 2001 and got our acknowledgment of receipt the same month, passed the interview last october 2004 and finished our medicals a week after. I believe we are in the process of waiting for passport request since we haven't received any notice for re-examination for more than a month now. That's the reason why I asked if it's okay to just ignore the notice they sent. What about the objection and the opt-out deadlines? Thanks.

atm