Ielts And Aor?

Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

kevmcfoster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ielts And Aor?

Hi all,
I submitted my sister's skilled worker application to Buffalo in June mid and received the AOR in just 2 weeks. a week after the AOR, i received another brown envelope asking for the IELTS exam results. I was suprised at this point, coz i thought that IELTS results were asked only once they start the initial assesment. Now does this mean that things are goin to be sped up? or is it routine for them to ask for IELTS in the start itself?

please advice,
kev
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:49 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ielts And Aor?

No, nothing sped up. Simply many visa posts (including Buffalo) are requiring now IELTS from all applicants who are not native English speakers.

Originally Posted by kevmcfoster
Hi all,
I submitted my sister's skilled worker application to Buffalo in June mid and received the AOR in just 2 weeks. a week after the AOR, i received another brown envelope asking for the IELTS exam results. I was suprised at this point, coz i thought that IELTS results were asked only once they start the initial assesment. Now does this mean that things are goin to be sped up? or is it routine for them to ask for IELTS in the start itself?

please advice,
kev
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

kevmcfoster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, nothing sped up. Simply many visa posts (including Buffalo) are requiring now IELTS from all applicants who are not native English speakers.

hank you Andrew Miller for your response. I was looking forward to sending the IELTS results for my sister, NOw should I ask her to take the test and collect the results and then send it to the Buffalo office, or should she ask the British council (where she will be taking the IELTS) to send the results to the buffalo office directly, how do i go about it?

Please Advice
thanks
Kev
Old Aug 6th 2005, 2:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It is safer when applicant submits test results.

Originally Posted by kevmcfoster
hank you Andrew Miller for your response. I was looking forward to sending the IELTS results for my sister, NOw should I ask her to take the test and collect the results and then send it to the Buffalo office, or should she ask the British council (where she will be taking the IELTS) to send the results to the buffalo office directly, how do i go about it?

Please Advice
thanks
Kev