IEC 2016

Old Apr 20th 2016, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2016

Originally Posted by Tattoocaz
Was just wondering if you do not get picked, how many times can you apply again. do you need to make up a new account thing etc.

Sorry if this isnt allowed on this thread i just flew bk from canada last night and applied for an IEC , after finding this thread still catching my bearings so sorry in advance.

Good luck to you all nervous but exciting times lol
If you don't get picked this year, you can apply again next year and every subsequent year provided you meet the eligibility requirements. Selection is random so your name remains in the pool until either you're selected or all places are allocated.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Tattoocaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
If you don't get picked this year, you can apply again next year and every subsequent year provided you meet the eligibility requirements. Selection is random so your name remains in the pool until either you're selected or all places are allocated.
Hey cheers for the clear up
is there a certain amount of time the visa lasts or is that random as well .
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tattoocaz
Hey cheers for the clear up
is there a certain amount of time the visa lasts or is that random as well .
It's a 2 year visa.

This page might be useful reading if you're just getting to grips with the basics of the IEC program - International Experience Canada

HTH.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Tattoocaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's a 2 year visa.

This page might be useful reading if you're just getting to grips with the basics of the IEC program - International Experience Canada

HTH.

Hey thanks for the pointers. Appreciate it hope you're having a good day/night
Old Apr 21st 2016, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice
Default Quick question about IEC 2015 visas

Hi,

I applied for and received a working holiday visa under the IEC 2015 application process. My life changed quite a bit after getting my visa and I have not yet entered Canada. My entry date is no later than June 2016 and I wanted to check if there would be any problem in visiting for a week or so to activate my visa, and then return to the UK before heading back to Canada later this year?
Old Apr 21st 2016, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Canadaboundsoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IEC with dependent & non-IEC partner

Hello all,

It's my first time posting on this forum but I have a fairly strange inquiry and I can't find anything specific about it online. I was hoping that someone could help...

Me (28yrs) and my girlfriend (31yrs) are hoping to come to Canada for a few years to work and travel. We applied for the IEC and were successful in the initial stages. However, my girlfriend made a mistake and obtained a police check from a supplier which wasn't recognized by CIC. Her application was therefore denied and she is now too old to re-apply (she was 30 at the time but has since turned 31). My application was successful.

Potentially the most important thing in this story (and now my life!) is that during the latter stages of the application process, we found out that my girlfriend was pregnant. Our baby boy was born at the end of last year.

We are still desperate to get out to Canada, especially whilst our young one is small and we don't need to settle down for schools etc. This Summer we are travelling out to Canada for two weeks to have a look at the country and to activate my IEC Visa. The aim would be to return later this year when we have tied up some loose ends back in the UK. We would probably stay for the remaining duration of my IEC Visa. Obviously, my partner wouldn't be working and my child wouldn't be in education. Fortunately, funds shouldn't be an issue; I am lucky enough to have a good job and we will be heading out with enough savings/investments to see us through comfortably.

My main question is - Would the above situation work? Can I enter Canada on a IEC and my girlfriend/son come in on a tourist visa? If so, is there any way of getting a visa which is longer than 6 months for them so they wouldn't have to go in/out of the country?

Any advice anyone can give would be appreciated.

All the best!
Old Apr 21st 2016, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick question about IEC 2015 visas

Originally Posted by Brodel
Hi,

I applied for and received a working holiday visa under the IEC 2015 application process. My life changed quite a bit after getting my visa and I have not yet entered Canada. My entry date is no later than June 2016 and I wanted to check if there would be any problem in visiting for a week or so to activate my visa, and then return to the UK before heading back to Canada later this year?
No but you realize the 2 yr clock starts the day you activate the work permit on initial entry and that you have to have the $2500 funds and insurance on entry.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC with dependent & non-IEC partner

This could be a tough one as CBSA would have to determine if you meet common law partner definition i.e. you have lived together for over 12 months and deemed to be common law.
As the IEC are 2 yr work permits for UK citizens you would need to show sufficient funds to support a family of 3 for the duration which would also include health insurance as they may not be eligible for health care from a Canadian province or territory.
Most IEC applicants don't come with dependents or children but thats not to say it can't be done.
It will be the decision of the examining officer on arrival and you supplying documents that will determine if they give a visitor record for the 2 years.
You won't get a 100% answer on this forum.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Brodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really niceBrodel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No but you realize the 2 yr clock starts the day you activate the work permit on initial entry and that you have to have the $2500 funds and insurance on entry.
Yea, that's fine and is what I was planning on. Thank you for the confirmation.
When I arrive before June, will I need two years of insurance on that date, or just insurance for the time I'm there (1 week) and then for example if I returned 1 year later, 1 years worth of insurance when entering.

Last edited by Brodel; Apr 21st 2016 at 11:12 am.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brodel
Yea, that's fine and is what I was planning on. Thank you for the confirmation.
When I arrive before June, will I need two years of insurance on that date, or just insurance for the time I'm there (1 week) and then for example if I returned 1 year later, 1 years worth of insurance when entering.
unfortunately 2 years insurance when you activate plus the funds else you may not get a 2 year permit issued also the insurance needs to allow for a return trip to home country.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PB65
unfortunately 2 years insurance when you activate plus the funds else you may not get a 2 year permit issued also the insurance needs to allow for a return trip to home country.
Thanks. The funds aren't a problem, it's just a little frustrating to have to pay for insurance that I might not be using for a while.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Canadaboundsoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IEC with dependent & non-IEC partner

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
This could be a tough one as CBSA would have to determine if you meet common law partner definition i.e. you have lived together for over 12 months and deemed to be common law.
As the IEC are 2 yr work permits for UK citizens you would need to show sufficient funds to support a family of 3 for the duration which would also include health insurance as they may not be eligible for health care from a Canadian province or territory.
Most IEC applicants don't come with dependents or children but thats not to say it can't be done.
It will be the decision of the examining officer on arrival and you supplying documents that will determine if they give a visitor record for the 2 years.
You won't get a 100% answer on this forum.
Thanks for your response. As we are heading out on holiday I guess we will find out definitively when we arrive.

Would being common law partners help our case, do you think? We have lived together for a couple of years so this shouldn't be hard to prove.

Does a discretionary 24 month visitor visa exist beyond theory? If it does, would it be multi entry?

I am not expecting (though I would love!) definitive answers, I am just trying to get a better understanding of our chances and if I need to take any other supporting documents/evidence with me when we go this Summer.
Old Apr 26th 2016, 7:37 am
Just Joined

OUTDOOR is an unknown quantity at this point

hey all,

Just wanted to leave feedback that my IEC work permit has been approved as of last Friday. HUGE thanks to everyone on this forum - you are all amazing!

Now I have to make a decision whether to quit my job in England and move for the IEC without knowing how to secure a job in Canada...
Old Apr 26th 2016, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

akw86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OUTDOOR
hey all,

Just wanted to leave feedback that my IEC work permit has been approved as of last Friday. HUGE thanks to everyone on this forum - you are all amazing!

Now I have to make a decision whether to quit my job in England and move for the IEC without knowing how to secure a job in Canada...
Take the risk mate, I know I would :fingers crossed:

Can't believe there's still 2,512 invitations left, I thought at the rate it was going at first it would have finished by now!
Old Apr 26th 2016, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OUTDOOR
hey all,
Haha, yes that's the fun bit... I was lucky, work gave me a year's unpaid leave. Unfortunately, at the end of it, that turned into an anchor and it was better economically to come back.

You have plenty of time - a year to activate it - to investigate where you want to go and what your options are. If your job is good, and they like you, you might get them to hold it open for a while. If it's just any random job (eg low wage retail) then quit it, move over & enjoy the adventure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.