IEC 2015

Old May 28th 2015, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IEC 2015

Originally Posted by rana1
Are people who submitted their documents on or before 8th April still waiting? I am, and I'm not sure whether to call as the number says it's only for within Canada and I'm not sure whether the London office will be much help?
Yep, submitted April 3rd. They are having delays so expect it to go on a while longer and hopefully they clear the backlog soon
Old May 28th 2015, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

Alex3170 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mahdawg
Yep, submitted April 3rd. They are having delays so expect it to go on a while longer and hopefully they clear the backlog soon
I was April 5th and had mine after calling them and requesting they attach a note to my file. I received it 3 days later. The system is very inefficient and the people at the top who run it are equally as incompetent.
Old May 28th 2015, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alex3170
I was April 5th and had mine after calling them and requesting they attach a note to my file. I received it 3 days later. The system is very inefficient and the people at the top who run it are equally as incompetent.
I've been trying to call that 888-242-2100 number so many times today but I've just realised it only works from within Canada. Do you know the alternative I can call from the UK at all?
Old May 28th 2015, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

mahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond reputemahdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I remember you saying, twas much appreciated. I did what you said, rang, submitted the note. But I didn't ring them everyday after that.

And to Rana, sorry man, not sure I can help with the UK number.
Old May 28th 2015, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Gavita is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I have just received my police certificate, however I submitted my application on May 8th as I didn't receive my certificate in time. I've read on here that some people had the same issue as me and when they received the certificate they uploaded it to the messages section on MyCIC but I'm having trouble trying to find the messages section on MyCIC, so any help will be much appreciated, thank you!
Old May 30th 2015, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, I see others are having issues with waiting longer than expected.

Just wanted to check to see if there's anything that can be done to progress my application or if you guys are getting a similar thing to me.

Currently in MyCIC it says the following :

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

My application is now 6 weeks & 5 days old... Any advice?
Old May 30th 2015, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by WildfireV2
Hey guys, I see others are having issues with waiting longer than expected.

Just wanted to check to see if there's anything that can be done to progress my application or if you guys are getting a similar thing to me.

Currently in MyCIC it says the following :

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

My application is now 6 weeks & 5 days old... Any advice?
'Open' means they have received your file and are working through it.

There's isn't really a lot you can do except call and ask them to put a note on your file which is what I did - then call a couple days later to find out what the office replied with. There is a number a few pages back in this forum you can call, along with the options to get to an operator.

It's the busiest time of year for them so they are taking longer than expected (God forbid they recruit to accommodate the rise applications as that would be too efficient), so my friend you just have to sit and hold tight.

My application came through around 6 weeks and 5 days if I remember.

Best of luck
Old May 30th 2015, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

WildfireV2 is an unknown quantity at this point

'Open' means they have received your file and are working through it.

There's isn't really a lot you can do except call and ask them to put a note on your file which is what I did - then call a couple days later to find out what the office replied with. There is a number a few pages back in this forum you can call, along with the options to get to an operator.

It's the busiest time of year for them so they are taking longer than expected (God forbid they recruit to accommodate the rise applications as that would be too efficient), so my friend you just have to sit and hold tight.

My application came through around 6 weeks and 5 days if I remember.

Best of luck

Thanks man , as long as there's nothing immediate to worry about then I have no problem waiting.
Old May 30th 2015, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Nah bud I wouldn't worry. My buddy was rejected as he tried IEC for a third time and they got back to him within a week or so. If it's been 6 weeks then chances are you've passed the preliminary checks and they're just playing Rock Paper Scissors to see who has to click on the next application.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 9:13 am
Just Joined

kingpenman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think i've made a right arse of this. I applied for my IEC got everything sorted had all the documents uploaded and ready for final payment but never actually payed the last fee. It just went completely out of my head after breaking up with the gf who lives in Canada and now when i log in to MyCIC it's not there, i've sent them off a message and let them know the situation but i don't imagine its looking good and will probably have to go through it all again next year
Old Jun 1st 2015, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hey everyone,

Just letting you know, I have just received my POE after submitting my CIC application on April 3rd. So roundabout, just over 8 weeks waiting. I will flagpole and activate my new visa on Wednesday or so once I get everything sorted (insurance etc for this)

Hopefully everyone gets their Visa soon. It's been a long wait!
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

kingpenman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kingpenman1
I think i've made a right arse of this. I applied for my IEC got everything sorted had all the documents uploaded and ready for final payment but never actually payed the last fee. It just went completely out of my head after breaking up with the gf who lives in Canada and now when i log in to MyCIC it's not there, i've sent them off a message and let them know the situation but i don't imagine its looking good and will probably have to go through it all again next year
Do you guys think my dream for this year is over?
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

rana1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just received my POE. Over the moon. So now I move onto finding work, do people generally move out there and then find work? Or are there websites used to apply from the UK? I understand this is a working holiday visa but I'd like something a bit more career orientated for the experience (just finished studying international business at university) if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kingpenman1
Do you guys think my dream for this year is over?
If you didn't submit before your CAL expired then I would say yes unfortunately.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rana1
Just received my POE. Over the moon. So now I move onto finding work, do people generally move out there and then find work? Or are there websites used to apply from the UK? I understand this is a working holiday visa but I'd like something a bit more career orientated for the experience (just finished studying international business at university) if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Congrats man! I moved out here last year without a job and found a career job within two months (I had 2 and a half years experience as an international business executive for a pharmaceutical company). I'm sure you can get things quicker than that, it just took me a while to adapt to the different approach to things here. Now I'm jumping onto my second IEC so have my job ready for me. I know a lot of places won't look at your resume if it has a UK address but definitely do your research beforehand. Feel free to PM for advice

As for Kingpenn, I can't really help, but I feel it could be unlikely if the application has disappeared. I'm guessing you can't get an Irish passport as they still have places?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.